Feb 27, 2018
So i know that with the vive and oculus your able to walk around the room so im wondering if I were to by the samsung odyssey would i be able to move around to or would be sationary

Any help would be greatly appricated

Solution
Yes it is the same thing except the tracking is on the headset. So you can turn around but your hands need to stay in the focus of the 2 cameras on the headset. You don't have to set up or buy tracking base that works right out of the box. You can lose tracking if your hands go up over your head and behind you. Also keep in mind you have many other tracking systems you can buy/add if it is not enough. That tracking is enough for me and very portable since you have nothing but the headset to plug. You need to buy a bluetooth 4.0 dongle for the controllers it is not included in the box. Also you need a working Hdmi 2.0 port on your video card or if you have 2 DVI output an adapter DVI to HDMI 2 or if you have a working display port a...
Feb 27, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from galatyspero : "Samsung HMD Odyssey movement"

Looking to buy a vr headset and i would like to know if you can move around in the samsung odyssey like how i would move with a htc vive or oculus.

Any help is appricated.

Musky

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
Yes it is the same thing except the tracking is on the headset. So you can turn around but your hands need to stay in the focus of the 2 cameras on the headset. You don't have to set up or buy tracking base that works right out of the box. You can lose tracking if your hands go up over your head and behind you. Also keep in mind you have many other tracking systems you can buy/add if it is not enough. That tracking is enough for me and very portable since you have nothing but the headset to plug. You need to buy a bluetooth 4.0 dongle for the controllers it is not included in the box. Also you need a working Hdmi 2.0 port on your video card or if you have 2 DVI output an adapter DVI to HDMI 2 or if you have a working display port a Display port to HDMI 2 adaptor.

Solution

Musky

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2008
Hi, here is the most popular https://www.nolovr.com/
Available at Amazon.com

You have Leap Motion too. For the moment I don't think Leap Motion work on mainstream games. Maybe one day
Ok it is in beta stage with no update since 2016 for VR compatibility with Steam games. Someone tried out and I 'm gonna try it today. http://www.vrspies.com/realitycheckvr/leap-motion-controllers-are-working-in-steamvr-how-to-guide/

Evolution2001

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
The Odyssey definitely needs more trackers. In apps where you need to move your hands around a lot, I found consistent tracking to be subpar for seamless VR experience. In games like Space Pirate Trainer where you sometimes need to reach behind your head (to switch to your shield for example), tracking gets lost and temporarily disrupts the experience.