Samsung HTIB adding a power subwoofer

Bubbuhotep

Estimable
Jul 13, 2014
My samsung blue ray home theater in a box has a small woofer attached with speaker wire. I was thinking to add a powered sub that I have but was just sitting around to give the bass a little more punch. The samsung HTIB doesn't have a sub woofer pre amp output so I was thinking I could just cut the little sub from the HTIB and put the sub speaker wire into the left or right side speakers wire inputs that are on the sub. Since sub is mono it shouldn't matter that I just put it into the powered subs left or right speaker jacks correct?

Solution
Hello,

It should work, but you must know exactly what kind of subwoofer output stage you have on that home theater (a lot of them are using the bridge layout, so you MUST NOT connect the (-) input terminal of the subwoofer to the (-) output terminal of the HT, but to HT's audio ground).

Please give the exact model for your home cinema and for the sub.

Cristi72

Estimable
Jun 25, 2014
Hello,

It should work, but you must know exactly what kind of subwoofer output stage you have on that home theater (a lot of them are using the bridge layout, so you MUST NOT connect the (-) input terminal of the subwoofer to the (-) output terminal of the HT, but to HT's audio ground).

Please give the exact model for your home cinema and for the sub.

Solution