My Samsung Laptop NP680Z5E keyboard suddenly stopped working randomly one day. Not all of the keys are broken, only a few several keys about 10-15 don't function. Please help! I know this is not due to the keys themselves but maybe a software/driver issue.
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Check keyboard language settings.
- Open Control Panel and look for Region and Language.
- Check all tabs if they are all set to United States.
- If that doesn't work, try pressing those following keys which are not working using your onscreen keyboard (Ease of Access look for Onscreen keyboard)
- Connect an external keyboard and see if the same problem will persist because if does you may need to consider on doing a complete Factory Reset cause it's a problem with your operating system.
- If all these will not work I would suggest replacing the keyboard itself.
Hey Laptop_Nerd, thanks for trying to help, I tried all 3 methods, still no solution sadly.. It's been about a month since I've been living with this issue and an external keyboard works perfectly fine since that is what I use currently as a temporary solution. It seems the only option is to order a new keyboard but how would that help? The keys themselves are not broken in any way, maybe the connectors inside are the issue? I don't know, but I really want to fix this..