Samsung laptop mystery, ram, cos, hdd

Aug 26, 2018
I have a Samsung NP350V5c.
It was loaded with Win 8 upgraded to Win 10.
One day the screen went black and would not boot up. As the SEA had been parted into different drives I did not have the diagnostic backup.
I pulled power and battery, charged up on battery alone as well as power alone with the same issue.
I tried to hold power button for a few seconds, then 30 then 60 seconds. Still no change with powering up.
Changed ram, rebooted, tried ram on its own same issue.
Tried new ram in slots with same results.
Took in store to be charged extensively and told it needs a new motherboard. Bought a new laptop.
However, after sitting in the cupboard for 2 years.....
Samsung now reboots on only the single ram connected to the power outlet...?
It runs win 10, but resets date to the beginning of month, time to the evening and is slow.
I have tried all other ram again but only the DDr ram works.
So is it the CMOS/ram/ram slots/motherboard?

Solution
You can try a new CMOS battery. Not sure about you changing of the RAM, it will only work with the model of RAM it is made for, all modern RAM is DDR, DDR3 for your laptop. Anything else won't work.

Does sound like a motherboard issue, and yes at times systems work oddly when the motherboard is failing, it may work for days then fail.
You can try a new CMOS battery. Not sure about you changing of the RAM, it will only work with the model of RAM it is made for, all modern RAM is DDR, DDR3 for your laptop. Anything else won't work.

Does sound like a motherboard issue, and yes at times systems work oddly when the motherboard is failing, it may work for days then fail.

Solution