Samsung laptop with black screen problem after failed bios update

Marietje_1

Estimable
Nov 9, 2015
I have a three-year old Samsung laptop (NP535U3C) with a black screen problem. I reset it to factory settings after problems with Windows updates. After it was reset I (stupidly?) started SW Update, which suggested a bios update as essential. The update failed (-100 code) and since then when I press the power button I only get a black screen. The hard disk led blinks twice and the fan is audible. I've tried a hard reset a few times, with no luck. I haven't been to check anything inside the machine because I don't have a tiny screwdriver.

What are my options at this stage? I'm almost ready to give up and replace it but it worked perfectly well before.

Hi,

Start by doing a hard reset, remove the battery and AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Plug just the AC adapter then see if the laptop will boot up. If it still won't boot up do try these other troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Reset BIOS, remove the CMOS battery for couple of seconds then put it back in then power the laptop on.
- If the first step won't work try reseating the RAM, take them off the laptop for couple of seconds the put them back in then try booting the laptop again.
- Lastly, connect an external monitor just to see if it will display anything on it because if it does the problem is with the built in display.
- If all these will not work the problem may lie in the motherboard.

TRENDING THREADS