Samsung Launching Wi-Fi Version of Galaxy Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]gggplaya[/nom]Now if they would just make it into a phone, which is what people actually want.[/citation]
Somehow I doubt there is a lot of people willing to talk into a camera...

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
Can they also produce an "android chair" please?
I've always wanted "Android Chair".

I don't know what I'd do with it, but neither do I know that about the camera.
Maybe on top of wifi they should also add sim card and start selling it as a phone.
You know, "a phone with gazillion megapupsels, with optics that somewhat justifies their number".

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Even if this POS had phone functionality, it's camera is terrible. The 1/2.3' sensor is comparable to what's in better smartphone cameras, and it's lacking basic camera features, like distortion correction on zoomed pictures. Speed of operation is generally inferior to both smartphones and mid range cameras, and overall, it might be barely better than something like the camera of a Lumia 920.

As a camera? For this amount of money, you can get a Sony or Olympus ILC, that would out-perform this camera so ridiculously, it's not even funny.

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Does it do well in low light conditions with picture and video? If not then there isn't much of an advantage compared to a typical smart phone camera besides the optical zoom. But if it has a small CMOS sensor then the optical zoom would darken the image. If the quality is really good then I guess $450 is OK but I'd rather have it as a full phone with really good low light performance too.

del35

Distinguished
May 22, 2009
Imagine all the noise we would be hearing from main media rags, like The New York Times, if iCrap had released this silly camera. I am glad it was Samsung.

Status
Not open for further replies.