Samsung LED tv problem (textures darken)

Zragadouga

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
Hello folks,

I have a big problem with my Samsung TV (40EH5000) and can't seem to find a solution, neither myself nor on the net.

In games like Skyrim or Tomb Raider, as soon as I move or lok around, all pixels/image becomes dark, blacken all of a sudden, but when I stand still, noithing happens (nomal you wouild say).

This is horrific and spoils all my gaming experience, do you know what this is exactly and how can I correct it (I already tried tweaking the brightness, game mode, and updating the firmware)!

Please help, much obliged!

Solution

My new Samsung TV also does this, but renaming HDMI input to PC (not DVI PC) fixed it for me (almost anyway, dont go below 50% brightness!) Hope it helps :)

Zragadouga

Honorable
Aug 12, 2013
Hi again,

Thanks for the answers.

I tried 2 different Samsung TVs (mine and an E450 we have in the living room) and I am witnessing the same issue, maybe Samsung related :/ The thing is, I also tried a PS3 with my TV and I am having the same problem!

I've tried to mess with all the settings, swtichings the processing options off, setting name to DVI PC, game mode, etc...Well, guess what...Nothing! Still the same!

What are your thoughts? :/ should I change the TV set, I'm very dissapointed with it and surprised that this issue is not even mentionned in the internet, beside 2 or 3 posts in an Elder Scrolls forum.

Thanks again for your help!

morty89

Honorable
Aug 27, 2013

My new Samsung TV also does this, but renaming HDMI input to PC (not DVI PC) fixed it for me (almost anyway, dont go below 50% brightness!) Hope it helps :)

Solution