samsung led tv usb port connector

anmolsharma

Honorable
May 27, 2012
I have recently bought samsung 23h4003ar led tv having just one hdmi and one usb port both at rear. I should have looked at another options with more ports but just bought it as I had pc and didn't care. but now want to use usb for watching movies etc and the problem is it is on backside and it is very irksome to reinsert it. I ask samsung support on chat and they replied that no usb extension will work and they don't recommend any usb hub or extension. but I don't buy that thing. I understand regular cheap extensions wont work or long cable might reduce the effect. but there must be some short usb extender to of at least distance from rear port to front of led which could work as common sense says if an external hard drive work why not usb extension as you don't plug hard drive directly in the port it is still a cable which joins the port and harddrive. there must be some cheap product which could work joining back usb port to my usb stick. if regular long extension cables don't work i will contend with short one but I need one. I don't want to damage tv port by regularly messing with it and also it is very difficult. I am from india

Solution
i dont see why a usb extension cable wouldnt work

though have never tried

just get the cheapest extension cable you can--not a really long one and see if it works

some of these support people just follow whats on screen they dont actually know everything about their products

mcnumpty23

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
i dont see why a usb extension cable wouldnt work

though have never tried

just get the cheapest extension cable you can--not a really long one and see if it works

some of these support people just follow whats on screen they dont actually know everything about their products

Solution
That's the worst advice one can give... Usually cheapest cables are good for nithing but charging (and they fail here as well).

Go to your local electronic store, and get the thickest USB extension cable you can see. You can also go with online stores.

anmolsharma

Honorable
May 27, 2012
My problem is solved I went to a local store and bought a cheap extension cord for just 50 Indian Rs and it works fine. However it won't support Hdd but that is fine as even computer front port don't and you have to plug it directly into the motherboard but as far as pen drives are concerned it is as fast as plugged in direct port. samsung support guys are fools they don't know about their own products neither they like to mention full specs of a product in their manual . they print one manual for 9-10 products which is of no use.