Samsung Makes World's Thinnest LCD Yet at 0.15''

Status
Not open for further replies.

svc

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2008
I'm sorry, but does anyone see the TV the article is talking about? All I see is twins looking at me. Heh, j/k Good going Samsung.

G

just 5000 thats pathetic come on samsung i know you can do better. we all know you have ones with 5,000,000:1 ratios

G

Lol is it just me, or does the chic in the screen look hotter ?

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]njkid3[/nom]just 5000 thats pathetic come on samsung i know you can do better. we all know you have ones with 5,000,000:1 ratios[/citation]Any ration above 5000 you need to take the # with a grain of salt. Generally they report Dynamic Contrast Ratio as Contrast Ratio when you're looking at something with 1000 times the normal ratio. It's up to you to be a smart consumer and ask what ratio they are reporting.

I think this is cool, but thin for a wall mounted stationary display is just a gimmick to me. Keep the thickness under ~5" and I'm on to more important specs, like resolution, pixel density, screen size, contrast ratio (both types), etc.

G

It's most likely a typo. The majority of 120hz are 50,000:1 or higher contrast ratios

jmchien

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2009
[citation][nom]SleepingMenstral[/nom]Lol is it just me, or does the chic in the screen look hotter ?[/citation]

Funny, I was thinking the same thing...

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]hairyshit[/nom]Its a shame the cables will ruin the look and function of it[/citation]
Rewire! put everything behind the TV! Well you kindof need to know how to work with electrical wiring and stuff but it's doable, cousin of mine did it in his entire house, all you see is floating TV with a DVR on a small shelf under it, very kewl and clean looking.

JamesSneed

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Oh funny it's two chicks. They had for for a minute wondering how they got that mirror image that wasnt really a mirror image. If you zoom in on the enlarged photo you will see the little fake tattoo on the forheads is in a different spot. So I agree the hot one IS on the left. Nice trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS