Samsung Making Phone with Nvidia's Tegra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geminireaper

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
damn it..when is Verizon/Sprint gonna get some love. Verizon has the most customers so why go with a smaller company grr. Not to mention AT&Ts 3g was rated the slowest connection.

fans 6

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2009
i really don't want nvidia designhing spu's for netbook, its much better off when intels pinetrail comes out

G

ok,a cellphone with 320x240 pix graphics?
If we're lucky it's going to have 640x480 pix and play old dos or Win 9x games!

XD_dued

Distinguished
Dec 23, 2008
console quality graphics? Like SNES? XD. No seriously though, i wonder how big it will be, and how horrible the battery life is. I have my phone for phone things, and everything else for the stuff they're meant to do.

neon neophyte

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009
tegra is supposed to have kickass battery life. especially compared to ANY x86 device.

im psyched, i want the devices out now. tho i also want them working. so maybe i can wait a little longer.

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]bk420[/nom]too bad it's only 720p...this is dead in its tracks.[/citation]

Had nvidia only asked a random 14 year old boy with e-penis envy before developing this product.

IzzyCraft

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2008
It's a phone the screen is like 5 inches diag max you can easly do fine on 480 anamorphic. Also a 1080p phone screen that small would cost a shit ton of money.

tryceo

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Gaming on a 4 inch screen is goona be great... It's like I can see every pixel... Mmm... 640x400 is the new 1900x1200 for phones.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
I would guess, and this is only a guess, that the HD playback is for hooking the device up to TVs with 720 or better resolution.

The more power to nvidia. If they want to base a cpu off today's graphical needs as apposed to processing needs then I think they are going to do well. What was the biggest complaint about Vista, the slow user interface for 'normal' hardware at the release time. Whats the biggest selling point of the iPhone, the 'intuative' user interface. Consumers buy things for the interfaces these days and the abilities second (style may be first or at least tied with interface).

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
I guess this was the wrong time for me to finally buy an iPhone, lol.

Oh well, I've had many smartphones in the past that have claimed to offer the world, and none have lived up to their claim... with the exception of the iPhone (so far... who knows in 6 months).

Anyway, I'll believe all the hype when I see it.

On another note, the people who are expecting 720p or even 1080P on their actual handset are idiots. That is only when you hook it into a TV or monitor that supports those resolutions. There's no way they're going to try to cram that many pixels into a little 5" screen.

alextheblue

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2001
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]Anyway, I'll believe all the hype when I see it.On another note, the people who are expecting 720p or even 1080P on their actual handset are idiots. That is only when you hook it into a TV or monitor that supports those resolutions. There's no way they're going to try to cram that many pixels into a little 5" screen.[/citation]It also gives the phone the capability to playback 720P media without re-encoding. So even if its scaling it down to the screen's native resolution, the capability to play back 720P or even 1080p H.264 media is far from useless. For one it makes syncing your video library a whole lot less painful, and as these handheld devices get more powerful, hopefully the need for re-encoding will slowly vanish.

annymmo

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Honis[/nom]I would guess, and this is only a guess, that the HD playback is for hooking the device up to TVs with 720 or better resolution.The more power to nvidia. If they want to base a cpu off today's graphical needs as apposed to processing needs then I think they are going to do well. What was the biggest complaint about Vista, the slow user interface for 'normal' hardware at the release time. Whats the biggest selling point of the iPhone, the 'intuative' user interface. Consumers buy things for the interfaces these days and the abilities second (style may be first or at least tied with interface).[/citation]

The hooking to TV's would be sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.