Samsung model UA40C7000WF 3D version

Mar 23, 2018
I have this model that was purchased 2010, it has worked fine until yesterday now it has no standby light and it fails to turn on.

I am an Electrician but have no knowledge of TV's and I cannot find a schematic, not even Samsung will provide one and they simply advise me to take it to one of their repair shops.

I have checked the power to the input point of the Tv and power is there, however I am unsure
where the fuse is located but think it is adjacent to the power input and of ceramic make.

If anyone has knowledge of this TV and can help to point me in the right quarter to at least test
I would be grateful.................Thanks.

Note: I do not need the TV for my own use, but if I can repair it I want to donate it.

Mar 23, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from timmsad : "Samsung model UA40C7000WF 3D version"

I have this model that was purchased 2010, it has worked fine until yesterday now it has no standby light and it fails to turn on.

I am an Electrician but have no knowledge of TV's and I cannot find a schematic, not even Samsung will provide one and they simply advise me to take it to one of their repair shops.

I have checked the power to the input point of the Tv and power is there, however I am unsure
where the fuse is located but think it is adjacent to the power input and of ceramic make.

If anyone has knowledge of this TV and can help to point me in the right quarter to at least test
I would be grateful.................Thanks.

Note: I do not need the TV for my own use, but if I can repair it I want to donate it.