Samsung Offers Apple Deal to End Australian Legal Battle

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]ben850[/nom]If the iPhone 5 gets blocked then I'm saying fuck them both and grabbing the Nokia N9.[/citation]
Even if the iPhone 5 doesn't get blocked, it's already a PoS before it has been released

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Even if the iPhone 5 doesn't get blocked, it's already a PoS before it has been released[/citation]

I think that sentence sums you up. Angry little boy.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
[citation][nom]law shay[/nom The fact is ... Linux UIs are the far and foremost the most advanced and both (nowadays, not their first couple of years) windows and mac are copying gnome and KDE. However, Microsoft made better decision with the placement of PC (and Windows) than Apple and Microsoft ruled the PC market.[/citation]

Nonsense. The only thing Gnome has right is Compiz. And KDE is a POS. Windows ain't copying anything, that's for sure.

[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]8mp camera, 3 year old tech, sums up the iPhone 5[/citation]

Well, not 3 years old, but definitely something that Nokia, Samsung and HTC had for a while by now (with the exception of dual-cores for Nokia, which they still don't have, IIRC).

[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]I think that sentence sums you up. Angry little boy.[/citation]

I'm sure as hell angry at any company that sells BS product which is overpriced... why? Explain me that. And don't go BS about "design" and "quality", I've held iPhones and their quality is just like any other phone and the design is absent (all touchscreen phones suffer from that, sadly, save Nokia N8).

blackened144

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Even if the iPhone 5 doesn't get blocked, it's already a PoS before it has been released[/citation]
If by POS you mean the most powerful CPU/GPU combination you can buy in a phone until Tegra3 devices come on the market, then yes, the iPhone5 will be a POS..

jecastej

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2006
Samsung copied Apple, lost some credibility, is trying to sue Apple back and now is trying to settle things outside the courts. Because is Samsung who is approaching Apple with an offer and not the other way around. But trying to settle things directly with Apple is a right step forward I hope they reach an agreement. Although we may never know what the deal is. And I know I will receive a lot of negatives for saying this.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]jecastej[/nom]Samsung copied Apple, lost some credibility, is trying to sue Apple back and now is trying to settle things outside the courts. Because is Samsung who is approaching Apple with an offer and not the other way around. But trying to settle things directly with Apple is a right step forward I hope they reach an agreement. Although we may never know what the deal is. And I know I will receive a lot of negatives for saying this.[/citation]

so samsung copied apple by making its own tablets and phones? ok so the first company that comes out with a product is the only company that is able to make it? get real fanboi

G

@jecastej

no i believe Samsung copied the device from star trek or 2001 a space odyssey, wanna show me another way to draw a rectangle with a grid of rounded off square icons on it? it's a bloody look and feel patent, there is no bloody tech involved in it what so ever, if Apple truly believes that their market share is being diminished by a device that looks similar to it then i seriously have to wonder how great their devices really are

Samsung are trying to settle because they want their tablet on the market for the holiday shopping season, other articles elsewhere expand further and states that it will be a temporary agreement to allow Samsung and Apple to shift holiday stocks and would not affect any ongoing lawsuits in Australia or elsewhere

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]I'm sure as hell angry at any company that sells BS product which is overpriced... why? Explain me that. And don't go BS about "design" and "quality", I've held iPhones and their quality is just like any other phone and the design is absent (all touchscreen phones suffer from that, sadly, save Nokia N8).[/citation]

I had a Samsung, and a Nokia before my iPhone. They were absolutely awful in comparison. That being said, I think a lot of Android phones are good. They have some security issues due to being so open, most notably recently with wireless problems, but generally competition is something I favour. I got my iPhone because the user interface felt the fastest, as in the most responsive, and because I wanted to watch Sky sports on my phone. I can't do that with any other phone. Of course, this does not mean I'm going to sit here and claim that the iPhone 5 will be the best phone ever, it doesn't.

Which brings me on to my point. To call a product an 'overpriced' 'POS' before either a) The product or b) The pricing is released, is quite frankly irrational. An irrational hatred of a company, who whether you like them or not have themselves moved on consumer devices to at least whatever extent you agree to. It's all a bit pathetic. I'm going to be giving my iPhone 4 to my girlfriend, and am looking for the next phone - but I'll be keeping all my options open. I'll wait to see what they perform like, and then choose. I wont choose based on the label, such as you guys who are ruling the iPhone out already (ironically you are the ones who pick by label whilst accusing people who buy the iPhones of doing that).

When I bought my iPhone it was the fastest, most responsive phone with the best battery life and Sky Sports, that is the reality, and for me it was the right choice - but that doesn't mean I'll irrationally defend all iPhones to the hilt regardless of how good competitors are.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]8mp camera, 3 year old tech, sums up the iPhone 5[/citation]

Yeah, I think we should all head over to Samsung and tell them that their 8mp camera is 3 year old tech and therefore their just-released phone is also a POS.

(facepalm)

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
When Apple tries to stop competitor by abusing legal system it's called "Apple and Samsung are suing each other", right...

jobfilters

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2011
You all love apple I guess, otherwise why talk so much about them, it's just more commercial. I personally did learn a lot about apple through comments and started to like it because some of the stuff I was ignorant about them came to light. If you really think they are BS, then guess what they are not worth your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.