Samsung R540 ELAN Smart Pad (V3.3) gestures not working on Windows 10

Saroj_Khadka

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016
Hello,
I recently installed Windows 10 on my laptop (Samsung R540-JA01AE) and almost everything is working fine except my touchpad. The touchpad isn't working smoothly. There's no problem moving the cursor but sometimes I can't click from touchpad (by tapping on the touchpad surface). After looking at the device manager I found that the driver installed for the touchpad was a general "PS/2 Port Input Device".

Then, I installed ELAN Touchpad driver from Samsung website. Now the click by tapping is fine but multiple gestures like three finger swipe, vertical scrolling are not working. The driver I installed is actually for windows 7 as it was the only latest driver version available there. Every features are "ENABLED" on ELAN settings.
Where can I get the latest driver for ELAN smart pad? Or, have I just done something wrong?

Please help!

Thanks!

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by uninstalling/reinstalling the Touchpad driver.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the ELAN Touchpad driver.
- Once done, do also check Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to ELAN Touchpad.
- Next is to download and install the Touchpad driver from Samsung.
- Here's the link: http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_SA_EN&CttFileID=3090405&CDCttType=DR&ModelType=N&ModelName=NP-R540I&VPath=DR/201005/20100525170455625/Touchpad_7.0.7.0.zip
- Once installed reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.
- After the reboot do test it again and see if you still need configuring the Touchpad.
- Use the setup guide from this link: http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=UNI_SA_EN&CttFileID=3087108&CDCttType=UM&ModelType=N&ModelName=NP-R540I&VPath=UM/201106/20110624135817670/Vista_Win7_XP_Manual_eng.exe

Saroj_Khadka

Commendable
Mar 16, 2016

Thank you for replying!

I already have installed the driver you mentioned. It didn't solve the issue for me!
Multiple gestures didn't work even after installing this driver. The click issue was resolved but now the gestures like vertical scrolling don't work.