Samsung RC530 doesw not recognize any Toshiba HDD in BIOS

Aug 30, 2018
Hallo all,

After a lot of search in the web, I finally ask to the gurus,,, I have tried to upgrade my Samsung RC530 laptop with a new HDD. If I try any of the Toshiba's HDDs The BIOS does not recognize any of them.

It is the same for SATA2 or SATA3 HDD, any of them do not get to be recognized by BIOS (last version provided, no way tu upgrade it)

I have tried with Toshiba MK64549GSX (SATA3, 600GB) and Toshiba MK5076GSX (SATA2, 500GB)

No problem to be recognized in USB mode by BIOS, and even no problem to be detected by my old Acer Aspire 5920 BIOS :pt1cable:

This is very odd for my and never saw souch problem in any other laptop. Can it be because the votages or power consuption?

I am very lost with this, so I will agree any kind of help.

So you are saying other brands of drives work OK? Or are those drives all you tried? Doubt it's a power issue, all laptop drives should run on pretty much the same power. It may also be a BIOS block on using that brand of drive for some reason, some vendors do that with hardware restrictions.

Aug 30, 2018
So you are saying other brands of drives work OK?

Thanks for your answer, and yes, you are right. I have no problem with other brands, only with Toshiba.

In fact, I can feel the Hdds spinning when connected, but no way to be recognized.

¿There is any way to know that kind of restriction?

You would need to contact the vendor of the system to find out about any compatibility issues they see or if it was a deliberate restriction. Since other brands work OK, use those and use the Toshiba drives in external enclosures for backups.