Solved! Samsung s20 wireless charging does not work

Roba1921

Estimable
Mar 12, 2017
Hi,
I bought myself an s20 a few months ago and I usually charge it either on cable or wireless. After like a month of using it Wireless charging stopped working completely and not a single wireless charger works aymore.
Before you ask, yes wireless charging is enabled and it should be working.
Got myself an anker wireless charger to see if it makes any difference, and it still does not work even though it should be compatible with my samsung.
I've also tried multiple ways of solving this for example: resetting my phone, launching in safe mode, turning fast charging on and off, and nothing helped so far. Do I have to have an official Samsung wireless charger for it to work properly?

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Could be an issue with the charger itself. You'll also want to confirm if it is a software issue or not Start your S20 in safe mode and see if it wirelessly charges or not.

Roba1921

Estimable
Mar 12, 2017
The only thing you did not mention trying is the case, take the case off if you have one.

I never needed the official samsung charger for any of my phones.

Hey thanks for the reply,
I did try it without the case the same thing happens.

When I read the Anker manual it said if the light is blinking fast and with a blue color, it means there is metal or unknown particles between the two devices, which does not make any sense seing as the back of the phone is glass.

iodro

Great
Nov 19, 2020
Could be an issue with the charger itself. You'll also want to confirm if it is a software issue or not Start your S20 in safe mode and see if it wirelessly charges or not.

Solution