Samsung Says You Need a Fridge With Wi-Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

festerovic

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
I guess I could just mount a netbook to my refrigerator for some savings. Or I could be normal and just put it on the counter. I was hoping it could be used as a repeater for your wireless network, that would at least be useful.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
It's not an awful idea, but it would be better if it could send a text message or email if the temperature rose above a certain level (ie someone left it open/partially jammed). For instance, I just opened the freezer and found all my ice cream to be soup because something blocked it from completely closing, a heads up would have saved my evening :)

thegreathuntingdolphin

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2009
I am a huge proponent of home integration; however, some of it is just not needed. If the screen had an inventory of what was in the fridge and could let you know when things were running low, now that would be useful. Being able to play your TV on the small screen on the fridge with probably really crappy audio, not so much.

Seriously, if someone was buying that crap I think they would have enough money to have a flat panel mounted on the wall with a small htpc networked with a home server.

blacksins

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2009
can it run crysis?
lool just kidding guys.. but i still think that there is no need for the wifi in fridges!!!

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
It would be interesting if it allowed you to scan objects' UPCs as you placed them in the fridge and then scan them again when you finished them. It could then tell you what you had and you could check the contents of your fridge from anywhere by logging into the secure web panel.

Status
Not open for further replies.