Samsung Series 9 battery replacement -- help!

justrick

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2004
So I ordered a proper Samsung battery to replace the one in my 18-month-old NP900X3C. Unscrewed the bottom cover, no problem. But the screws holding the old battery in place will...not...budge. I have tried *everything* I can think of (even heating one of the screws with a soldering iron) -- no luck.

Has anyone been able to replace a Series 9 battery? If so, how did you get the blasted thing out?

TIA!

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010
You're not using those tiny, really thin precision screwdrivers, are you? I can't tell you how many times I've tried using those at first and then had to resort to something with a larger handle for better torque.

justrick

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2004

That's mostly what I'm trying, as the screws are pretty small and anything larger won't fit. Is there such a thing as a big screwdriver with a tiny philips head?

drapacioli

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2010

You can find ones that work, or you can try adding tape around the edges of the precision drivers to make them thicker and give you a little more torque. If you wrap duct tape around several times you could probably double the torque easy. Or you could go the pliers route like the poster above me mentioned, though I've had little luck with that myself with simple metal pliers.