samsung smart tv cant connect to the internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolkill

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
hi everyone i have a samsung smart tv series 6 UE55HU6900 and cant connect it to my network at all ive tried both wireless and lan ive tried static ip address and the 8.8.8.8 dns trick nothing seams to be working any thoughts on how to fix this would be much appreciated

Supermama

Estimable
Apr 12, 2015
I just thought I would post this solution here after I spent several days and hours on the phone trying to get my Samsung Smart TV to connect to the internet. After having the television for 2 years with not problems at all, suddenly it would not connect to WiFi. The last tech at Samsung that I spoke with knew exactly what to do and my TV was back working and connection to the internet within a few minutes. He told me to reset the DNS to 8888.
Detailed instructions for the computer challenged community such as me:
On your TV remote, go to Menu, Settings, Network
Next select Network Settings, Start, IP Settings
Then select DNS mode and make sure the green check is on "manual"
Enter 8 8 8 8 and OK
Bingo, instant internet
(note - I also was told to click on Samsung Smart Hub in upper right corner. I had reset my TV and it needed to update and add back my programs)
I have a Samsung Smart TV Model No. UN553S6500 (a 2012 model)
NOTE: I adore people that know their jobs!♥ Thanks Chris!

gralda

Estimable
Apr 22, 2015
You are a genius! I have been through so many tech support people and my sweet ATT guy spent 4 hours here today and couldn't figure it out. Thank you!

Maxine Of Oz

Estimable
Jun 28, 2015

Maxine Of Oz

Estimable
Jun 28, 2015
Ok I had this issue two weeks ok. Uverse gave me a new code and it worked...for two weeks. Went to this site and 8888 or 4444 or 8844 isn't working. Help!!!! Samsung just turned 2????

Rvol

Estimable
Jul 15, 2015

Thank you Chris, this works, i had the same issue.. Now my old mom can access her programs easily

csimhadri50

Commendable
Apr 9, 2016
I have a Samsung UE50ES6710 and I had no problems with connecting it to WiFi. Suddenly from last year my TV will not connect. Got a new SKY hub with WPS button but still no connection to WiFi.Bought a WiFi booster TP-LINK 855 but no WiFi connection. Now tried manually to input DNS 8 8 8 8 but that also did not work.
Any suggestion is welcome.

delgarcon

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016

I have been having the same problem, but another poster gave me a clue when she said that the Samsung Apps connected where the web browser didn't. As Youtube is installed on my tv, I was able to open it and it evidently booted up the internet as I was able to surf the web directly.

Non Techy

Commendable
Jun 10, 2016

Words can't express how helpful your solution was after talking to AT and T , and Samsung on the phone without success. Your solution worked perfectly. Thanks!

Nonymum

Commendable
Jun 10, 2016

Hi - we have the same problem. Tried 8888 and 8844. Hopefully someone will have a solution!

delgarcon

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016
Ok, this works for an ethernet connection and maybe for wifi as well, I didn't try. Ist, you must stop the tv trying to connect via wifi, by disabling this option. 2nd, if you can't connect automatically using the "wired" option, make a note of your internet numbers, IP address, subnet mask and gateway before selecting the manual option. Input the same numbers but change the last number as follows. Ip address use 100, subnet mask, 0, gateway 1 and finally DNS server 4.2.2.2
This should work, but if at times it doesn't, try to connect automatically and then revert to manual which normally does the trick. GL

sk030609

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016

sk030609

Commendable
Jul 9, 2016
I'm trying for wifi. When I go to menu-network-network settings-start it errors with no network connectivity found. So I click on the IP Address button, and all the options have 0000 as the value (IP, subnet mask, gateway, and DNS Server). I chose 'obtain automatically' option, and it still errored. So I changed to (IP=0100; subnet=0000,gateway=0001 and DNS=4222). Still same error :(. Please help. This connection went out last night WHILE I was watching a show on Netflix... just like that!

delgarcon

Commendable
Apr 30, 2016

I would try a LAN connection (if you can), as I haven't had a problem since I gave up on WIFI. I presume that when the connection dropped while you were watching tv you were able to verify that you were connected to the internet via another device?

SmarterThenThem

Commendable
Aug 6, 2016

The dumbasses at Samsung are clueless on the issue that you can't connect to the internet from your Samsung TV via Linkstick or Ethernet connection. I spent 2 days with the dopes from their India CS and no help. The problem is with UVerse /ATT anyways is that you MUST manually change the DNS settings to either 8.8.8.8 or 208.67.222.222 in the Network Setup on the TV. Period, that's all you need to do. If you have Comcast or some other Broadband, it may be another DNS address and you should call them for that.

andres123

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016

I have a UN40JU6100 and without explanation now it is not able to connect to wi-fi network. Even more, it doesn´t recognize any wi-fi network. I have plugged now to a LAN, but anyone had a similiar problem? In other words, it is not that the TV doesn´t connect to the internet, is that doesn´t recognize any wi-fi connection (even I tried with my cell phone, but nothing)

andres123

Commendable
Oct 2, 2016
I have a UN40JU6100 and without explanation now it is not able to connect to wi-fi network. Even more, it doesn´t recognize any wi-fi network. I have plugged now to a LAN, but anyone had a similiar problem? In other words, it is not that the TV doesn´t connect to the internet, is that doesn´t recognize any wi-fi connection (even I tried with my cell phone, but nothing)

Status
Not open for further replies.