Samsung Smart TV Network Connection Issue UN60ES8000

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkyst3

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
I'm finding many threads on this site and across the internet regarding network connection issues with Samsung tvs. Unfortunately, I've only found one site which actually discusses the issue I'm having but no solution was found (http://www.experthelp.com/question/726072/have-a-samsung-un60es8000-cannot-get-on-internet-as-soon-as-the-network-come-up-the-tv-rejects-or-get-rid-of-it-the-signal-is-very-strong-just-had-a-commericialwireless-point-installed). The rest of the threads and sites pertain to issues that I'm not experience. So, here is my description of the issue I'm experiencing and I apologize for not using correct language.

I have a Samsung UN60ES8000 that will no longer connect to wireless router. I discovered this by trying to get on Netflix or other app and it gave me network connection error with option to go to network settings. I've had the tv almost 2yrs and has always connected to the same router, which is operating fine and other devices in the house are connected to it without issues. When I go thru Network Settings to re-set up the wireless network, it will search for networks and will only display my network (none of the other wifi networks nearby like it used to) for about 1 second and then the entire menu disappears. 2days ago I called Samsung support who confirmed my firmware is the latest version (version 001056), they had me try manually entering DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 but this did not solve anything as many other threads have said this resolves connection issues. Also, before calling Samsung, I tried to mirror the tv IP settings to reflect those of my laptop or other devices which connect to my wireless network just fine, but this did not work either. Finally, they wanted to try resetting the tv back to factory settings. After doing this and going thru the initial tv setup questions, the tv seemed to find and connect to my network again (don't recall seeing any of the nearby networks on the list though). I was so happy to finally have it fixed! But, the following morning I tried getting on smart hub to listen to Pandora and once again the network connection issue was back. Sure enough it was not connecting, when going thru the network setup it would only display my router (none of the nearby networks) for 1 second (maybe even less) and the entire menu would disappear or close. I tried same steps (manually enter dns and reset tv again), but the network connection failed to show my network after the reset. Also a note on the reset, I noticed the TV says this option will reset the tv to factory settings but network settings will not be affected. Since the network is the issue I'm having, is there a reset option that does reset network connections/settings? I repeated all the steps that Samsung had me do the night before at least a couple times, but still no luck. I don't understand how to get resolved if I have latest version of firmware. I tried downloading the firmware to usb anyways, just to reinstall in case it was corrupt on the tv, but Samsung's website does not have the newest version available for download. They only have version 1054.4 and when I spoke to Samsung two days ago, they said my version (version 1056) is the latest version. I tried downloading the older version (1054.4) anyways at http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN60ES8000FXZA (thinking it would just update to the newest version later), but when I tried updating on the tv, it said no update files could be found on the usb device. This might be a whole other issue and maybe some different attempts may work but I'd rather just try posting online where so many have provided feedback/solutions to similar issues. I don't know why the reset would solve the problem one day, then the next morning it was back to not working and resetting the tv again does not fix the problem like it did the day before.

Just to reiterate the problem and steps I've taken so far - Problem: Won't connect to wifi, network settings menu on tv disappears immediately after searching for networks. Firmware version is 1056, tried manually entering DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (neither worked), then reset tv to factory settings. The reset solved the issue, but was back to not working the following day and no longer works when I try resetting again.

knnth

Estimable
Feb 7, 2015

Same here, having the same problems but on version 1057.0 on a PN51E7000. I spoke to Samsung tonight and after speaking to customer support, they escalated my issue to the next level, and they couldn't fix it. They said the issue was going to be escalated to their application support team, as it sounds like there's a problem in the updated software version 1057.0

Sadly, I could get no confirmation of when this might be looked at, nor do they support (or allow?) downgrading software versions on the tv. I've heard you can "jailbreak" these E models, but I want to steer clear of that.

Very frustrating that since owning this TV, this is the first time I've had trouble with the network, and we use it so much for streaming video. It was rock solid before and really dependable, and now it's just a huge unusable thing sitting on our tv cabinet :(

Snoopy13

Estimable
Feb 15, 2015
I am having the same issue, same tv. Have tried everything. Samsung said it must be the wireless card gone bad and of course a month out of warranty. If you try each app, first it says searching for wireless connection. The 1st time you go to each app. The list of all local networks pop up for less than a second and dissapppear. The 2nd time it says, looking for a network. When I hard wire it is fine. I hope they reselve it soon. I don't really want to make larger holes into the floor. I would think for the amount this TV was, they would be a little more helpful. From all that I read, it seems like a Pandora update.

wbrauch

Estimable
Feb 15, 2015
I'm having the same problem with my UN55ES8000. I updated to firmware version 1057.0 when the Amazon app told me an update was required. Now my tv can't find my wireless network. It work's fine on a wired connection but I really don't want to have an ethernet cord running across my living room forever. I've tried every forum suggestion and spoken with several samsung techs over the last couple days. I finally called back and got connected to an advanced tech after they didn't call me when they were supposed to. After trying several things I was told to contact my ISP to obtain my default gateway #. dns server #, etc. and configure the network manually.

Now if I configure the network manually, then power cycle the tv it will connect to my wifi. However, every time I turn the tv off it will fail to connect again. So I have to go into the manual configuration menu again, hit ok, power cycle the tv again, and then it will connect until I turn the tv off. Now after explaining to another associate that it should not matter that my tv is out of warranty because this is a problem caused by their firmware update and others are having the same problem, I am waiting till normal business hours to speak with someone in executive support and see if they will send a service tech out even though it is out of warranty. I'll post back if I get it fixed.

jkagerer

Estimable
Feb 16, 2015
I'm having the same issues with my UN55ES7500, I've had the TV for 2 years working perfectly and suddenly it can't find any wireless networks, there are dozens within range. It started last night, I have software version 001057. I've reset to factory setting, and tried everything in these threads.

Yang Bo

Estimable
Feb 16, 2015

Hi, guys, I tested and found that this way really works on my UN55ES8005. The same problem has bothered me for days. Thanks a lot!

Audi--s4

Estimable
Jan 14, 2015
Turn off soft AP is not a option on my un55es7500 it has never allowed me to use that. It says something along the line of this feature is not supported and is grayed out. We all know that is not the problem it is the firmare 1056 and there updated 1057 patch. Everyone keep calling them harass them they will eventually give in. I hope

Pat Horridge

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
Same thing here UE37es6300
All working fine as of yesterday then today no Netflix or any internet apps working.
Network status show wired connection ok but no internet. But I was able to update the TV firmware via that wired internet connection.
Tried manual DNS, manual IP and everything.
Network, and router are all ok (but re-booted anyway)
Samsung blueray player with smart hub on same network works fine.
So it's this TV. Don't want to factory reset and have to set up again if it won't help...

Router is EE fibre router.

SamsungUE40

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
I have the exact same issue on a UE40S6570 model, both wifi and LAN connections fail, WiFi won't connect at all and sometimes don't list any SSID. Also tried a Samsung tether WiFi hotspot, same problem. A LAN (EJ45 cable to router) can still make a local connection in same IP segment network but won't let met connect to Internet (e.g. seems to fail to route via gateway adress).

I have a NetGear N600 router, nothing changed, all other devices laptops, tablets, phones, sonos is still perfectly connected to Internet, the problems first started about month ago with failing wifi connections, To resolve it I switched to a cable LAN connection and now today LAN won't let met make an internet connection anymore.

A wierd thing was that despite the failing connections, the TV let me update the firmware via Online (still did not help) which shows that a internet connection is still possible! My firmware version listed in menu/support/contact samsung is T-MST10PDEUC-2004,1 BT-G and in the software update screen it shows current version 002004. When I repeat the update it now tells me there are no new updates so it is still able to contact the firmware server, which is odd.

The Network Menu is also behaving strange, sometimes it jumps back, also ny Wifi-Direct menu is sometimes completly locking up the TV so I have to disconnect/connect power to restore again.

I tried all sorts of workarounds like set soft AP off, disconnect all cables and reset the TV via the menu, include manual IP settings, tried the Google DNS 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 - none of it fixes the issue.

Seems Samsung has created fatal defects in the latest firmware updates related to the network components of the TV,

I tried to download the firmware from the samsung.com site but that apears to be the same version T-MST10PDEUC 2004.1, also, when I follow instructions it tells me it does not see the update on the USB.

Is there no way to roll back e.g. download an older firmware version e.g. one from before january this year when the probems appeartenty started?

mccatys

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
Same thing here, UE40ES6100W. The damn thing just stopped working after 2 years. I have 2 ISP connections (1 with a Thomson Modem and 1 Asus RT-N66U running Tomato) - it's for sure a silent update they did some days ago, all over the globe. The guy responsible for this bug should be fired and all the supervisors who were supposed to check this miserable update before an official launch - shot (and fired) - not neccessarily in that order.

Anyway, funny thing though: it says "Connected to network, but cannot connect to Internet, contact ISP...", but when I selected Firmware Update -> Online it started DOWNLOADING the 2014.1 fw upgrade :))) and what do you know... it installed it just fine (I repeat, by downloading it from the internet) ?!!?!! Geesh! What a joke!

Waiting for a solution Samsung... all over the globe...

Later edit: LOL - we just wrote the same thing almost simultaneously :) It will be a mess around forums in the next few weeks, especially if they don't find an automated solution, without ANY user intervention. Wonder what Samsung will say... "Oops?! Sorry..." :)

dre1

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
I just got off the phone with samsung because I've been having trouble connecting to the internet
i was told I'm not only one and it should be resolved in 24hrs samsung is doing a update for the smart
tv. I hope this helps everyone out

knnth

Estimable
Feb 7, 2015

TV is a PN51E7000, on firmware 1057.0
Router is an Asus RT-N66U.

I've just about given up on any of the "Smart" things my TV SHOULD be capable of but isn't, and have started using my PS4 for Amazon Instant Video, Plex, Netflix. PS4 works flawlessly

Thanks for ruining perfectly fine internet connectivity on your TVs, Samsung. What a joke.

Yarli

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
Hello after reading this thread i did hard reset , softap off everything but i didn't worked out. So i called samsung customer service it took me 45 min to get connected and my issue wass resolved

Model: UN60ES7500
Issue: Cannot connect to my wireless network
Resoution : Go to TV Source-- Click Menu--Support --Software Update and get update to latest firmware-- If you click Menu and check softwareupdate while you in SmartHub it will be gray out..so you need to go to TV Source

Good Luck

ronmalia

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
I have a Samsung UN50ES6150 and I am no techs at all. Since last night 2/23 when I hit OK to update my TV my internet was not connecting from my Time Warner Motorola Wireless Router. I immediately read through all the threads, checked settings in router and TV and nothing changed. but after much reading the conclusion is that darn Samsung update knocked my internet settings out of my TV. I wa so bummed after doing Zumba for 2 months straight! Aargh.. Sssoooo here is what I did...after reading some suggestions, I reset factory settings and then went to Support and then I noticed software update was highlighted. So I pressed it, got the latest update (which maybe after numerous complaints they uploaded a new one) and NOW IT WORKS. Hope this helps. Thanks to everyone for various inputs. I guess just reset to original settings then update..could it be that simple? We will know tomorrow if the problem comes back.

Status
Not open for further replies.