Samsung Smart TV Network Connection Issue UN60ES8000

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkyst3

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
I'm finding many threads on this site and across the internet regarding network connection issues with Samsung tvs. Unfortunately, I've only found one site which actually discusses the issue I'm having but no solution was found (http://www.experthelp.com/question/726072/have-a-samsung-un60es8000-cannot-get-on-internet-as-soon-as-the-network-come-up-the-tv-rejects-or-get-rid-of-it-the-signal-is-very-strong-just-had-a-commericialwireless-point-installed). The rest of the threads and sites pertain to issues that I'm not experience. So, here is my description of the issue I'm experiencing and I apologize for not using correct language.

I have a Samsung UN60ES8000 that will no longer connect to wireless router. I discovered this by trying to get on Netflix or other app and it gave me network connection error with option to go to network settings. I've had the tv almost 2yrs and has always connected to the same router, which is operating fine and other devices in the house are connected to it without issues. When I go thru Network Settings to re-set up the wireless network, it will search for networks and will only display my network (none of the other wifi networks nearby like it used to) for about 1 second and then the entire menu disappears. 2days ago I called Samsung support who confirmed my firmware is the latest version (version 001056), they had me try manually entering DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 but this did not solve anything as many other threads have said this resolves connection issues. Also, before calling Samsung, I tried to mirror the tv IP settings to reflect those of my laptop or other devices which connect to my wireless network just fine, but this did not work either. Finally, they wanted to try resetting the tv back to factory settings. After doing this and going thru the initial tv setup questions, the tv seemed to find and connect to my network again (don't recall seeing any of the nearby networks on the list though). I was so happy to finally have it fixed! But, the following morning I tried getting on smart hub to listen to Pandora and once again the network connection issue was back. Sure enough it was not connecting, when going thru the network setup it would only display my router (none of the nearby networks) for 1 second (maybe even less) and the entire menu would disappear or close. I tried same steps (manually enter dns and reset tv again), but the network connection failed to show my network after the reset. Also a note on the reset, I noticed the TV says this option will reset the tv to factory settings but network settings will not be affected. Since the network is the issue I'm having, is there a reset option that does reset network connections/settings? I repeated all the steps that Samsung had me do the night before at least a couple times, but still no luck. I don't understand how to get resolved if I have latest version of firmware. I tried downloading the firmware to usb anyways, just to reinstall in case it was corrupt on the tv, but Samsung's website does not have the newest version available for download. They only have version 1054.4 and when I spoke to Samsung two days ago, they said my version (version 1056) is the latest version. I tried downloading the older version (1054.4) anyways at http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN60ES8000FXZA (thinking it would just update to the newest version later), but when I tried updating on the tv, it said no update files could be found on the usb device. This might be a whole other issue and maybe some different attempts may work but I'd rather just try posting online where so many have provided feedback/solutions to similar issues. I don't know why the reset would solve the problem one day, then the next morning it was back to not working and resetting the tv again does not fix the problem like it did the day before.

Just to reiterate the problem and steps I've taken so far - Problem: Won't connect to wifi, network settings menu on tv disappears immediately after searching for networks. Firmware version is 1056, tried manually entering DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (neither worked), then reset tv to factory settings. The reset solved the issue, but was back to not working the following day and no longer works when I try resetting again.

Davidq13

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015

I have joined the club. Yesterday my two Samsung TVs (UE 32ES 6540 - nearly two years old - and UE 32D 6530 - three years old) both lost their internet connection, I think probably after doing an auto-update which then screwed them up. Have tried factory reset and does nothing.

Router is ASUS RT N66U, installed ten days ago to replace BT Home Hub 3, and so far excellent service, strong signal and very stable. Please note that I have no problem connecting the TVs to the wireless network, the problem is getting out to the internet.

If Samsung issue a further update, how do I get this if I cannot connect? How do I use a USB to do this?

Davidq13

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015

How did you get the software update if you couldnt connect to the internet? Sorry for the dumb question!

Rustam Goygov

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
Alright! I had this issue with Wifi for two years (List of wifi connections would appear and disappear in 1 sec) , and I used LAN connection all the time! Yesterday I got this Issue with LAN connection as well and nothing worked for me! So Today I read a lot of forums but non of them helped me! BUT I resolved this issue and my LAN and Wifi works just perfect now!

My TV is Samsung UN55ES7500FXZA

All I did is:
1) Factory reset through service menu. (on my TV is: "Mute 1 8 2 Power") Thats how I got into service menu. (Tv should be turned Off)
2) After I did factory reset via service menu, I Set my wifi region to "A" via the same service menu.
3) After that I did Factory reset from the TV Menu.
4) Then I entered combination that allows to choose some region (I guess it was wifi location). (on my TV is: " >> 2 8 9 << ").
5) Then I updated my FirmWare through internet (INTERNET WORKS FOR UPDATING FOR SOME REASON, BUT DOES NOT WORK FOR EVERYTHING ELSE)

Here is how to update:
Go to TV Source-- Click Menu--Support --Software Update and get update to latest firmware-- If you click Menu and check softwareupdate while you in SmartHub it will be gray out..so you need to go to TV Source
(THANK YOU YARLI)

6) After that my TV went Off and then it went On. and I opened Smart Hub but in couple of minutes I closed hub and tried to open it again and it did not let me open it because it was updating Smart Hub.

7)After 10 min I opened Smart Hub and I opened Youtube, And it works now!!!

Please let me know if it helped you.

Davidq13

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015

This sounds really helpful, Rustam, thanks. But before I start I need to check about the model number: I realise this thread is about TVs which start "UN..." My TVs are both "UE...." otherwise the rest of the model number details are the same. Is this a region difference between TVs? Do I assume that the update is not suitable for my UE? Thanks again - David

JohnnyD2015

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
As mentioned above, same problems as many others (Network interference message).

Glad some of you are getting your Smart Apps to work. I'm fairly sure I've found something that indicates that for me at least it is a problem with Samsung, not the router. I will share.

But first I should probably confess that I'm mid-level technically minded at best. By which I mean, I'm happy coming on forums like this and finding and applying solutions, but I don't have the technical know how to really understand why they work.

I consider myself a bit of a noodler with these things, but no more.

Anyway, I've tried all the solutions on offer - off/on, manual DNS, reset, accessing an update through the TV menu (although it tells me there are no updates).

FWIW, I cannot access any of the Apps (tried BBC iPlayer, 4od, Amazon and one or two others)...

However, there is a web browser installed that I can use to go online which works fine.

So this doesn't solve anything, but unless there's something obvious I'm missing (possible), this means that this is not an issue with my router. In other words, the Samsung TV can connect to the Internet (wirelessly), but for some reason the Apps don't seem to want to join in.

Perhaps someone cleverer than me might be good enough to tell me if my thinking is right, that this means it is definitely a problem with Samsung rather than one I can solve by fiddling with settings?

Model is UE40D6530

Many thanks.

Davidq13

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
Johnny - with all the same problems, but my web browser does not work. It seems to be a complete failure of internet connection as I cannot do software updates on line either.

I think the answer is to wait until Samsung do a new update, and then download that. Does any one know if Samsung have yet 'got it' about this global f*ck up?

Davidq13

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
I have just spoken to Samsung support in UK (09:02 GMT 25 February 2015). They acknowledge there is a (major) problem, and are working on it to resolve it. I got no answer to the question - will the solution be a new upgrade? Also no answer to the question - how will we know when a solution is available? I was told that "it will be solved from here". Does that mean autoupdate? If so, how do I access that? No answer.

Well, something is happening about this chez Samsung.

Matt Lacey

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
That makes it sound suspiciously like these things call home before doing anything else with an internet connection, and points to a samsung server-side issue.... My wife said ours crapped out yesterday, and I've tried all sorts (wifi & wired) and somethings up for sure. It can tell me there are no pending updates at least, I guess those that do see them are just updates from the factory firmware back to the current level.

RDP11

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015

I'm In the UK and noticed my Samsung TV started behaving oddly yesterday night 24/02/15. my TV can connect to the router fine but during the setup it says their is no internet connection.

it's weird that I am able to browse certain websites on the tv's browser such as google and can download apps from the app store but cannot go into the apps themselves!!! (except for demand5 & ITV player)

Router/TV factory resets & manual IP configs did not work.

I hope I am not alone here!

Musti Elhajj

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
I am also having the same problem on my Samsung UE55ES8005. I have had problems connecting to wireless network for over a year but i was working fine with LAN cable. Now since 2 days approximately, even LAN wouldn't work, tried every possible thing mentioned here and in other forums and couldnt get it to connect.

I even upgraded the firmware via USB using the support website from samsung: http://www.samsung.com/dk/support/model/UE55ES8005UXXE to 2015.5 and that wouldnt help or solve anything.

I think this smart tv isnt so smart after all, i usually dont have any channels and only use smart hub for netflix and youtube. Now my tv is useless. I am pretty sure my router is all fine and everything ese is functioning well and connected to internet.

I hope there will be a solution for that very soon.

TinTin9

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015

You're not alone, mine started to play up on 24th now no Netflix and only 4 episodes of Prison Break to go grrrr.
I tried solutions about with no success changing the DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (in IP Settings) with no success; Factory reset also resulted in no joy.

RDP11

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
Hi all,

I phoned the UK support line UK - 0330 726 7864

and when you choose option for TV they have an automated voice message saying they are aware of issue and it is not the fault of the TV but a fault their end that they are resolving.

Janb92

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
RDP11, you are not alone over there.

I'm in Germany and have a UE40D6500VSXXH, approx. 3 years old and have exactly the same problems as you are describing since yesterday. Also my TV can connect to the router but during the setup it says their is no internet connection.

Very WEIRD!!

RDP11

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
Not to worry, Samsung are on the case, check this out everyone

http://www.myce.com/news/samsung-smart-tv-smarthub-suffer-worldwide-internet-outage-75099/

Davidq13

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
I have decided not to on spending hours thrashing around with this.No point. We know what the problem is and only Samsung solve it and provide the solution for the millions of devices round the world that are screwed up. I will look again on my TVs in a few days to see whether a new update is available, and download that. But do keep putting the pressure on Samsung with emails and phone calls to their support centres. Hey ho!

Heather80

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
This WORKED!!!! I have spent HOURS working on this! I dont know how it updates if its not connected to the internet but it did!!! THank you so much!

Bonker99

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
Got similar issues yesterday on my PS60E6500 - DNS to 8s doesn't work but ITV player and Ch5 players are ok though the things I actually use, iPlayer and Netflix do not.

The new UE40H6400 upstairs seems fine though after an initial error in Netflix ...

I gather H & F series TVs are now sorted but D & E series are not ...

A pretty p*ss poor showing from Samsung yet again ...

JohnnyD2015

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015

Thanks for the update

J

SamsungUE40

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015

You are not! Here in the Netherlands my UE40S6570 is still not connecting either via wifi or lan.

I checked again but now new update available.

If fixing this major issue takes too long by Samsung I will start a claim (based on dutch law) that vendors must provide
working products - and force a replacement either a patch or a new TV that works.

At IT tech level I estimate that they have upgraded the firmware based on lower level drivers and hardware models for the latest versions, and forgot to test older models e.g. > 2 years old. That is very bad QA practice for a enterprise company like Samsung and may damage their business significant as customers will start to think twice when purchasing a new TV.

Status
Not open for further replies.