Samsung Smart TV Network Connection Issue UN60ES8000

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkyst3

Estimable
Jan 13, 2015
I'm finding many threads on this site and across the internet regarding network connection issues with Samsung tvs. Unfortunately, I've only found one site which actually discusses the issue I'm having but no solution was found (http://www.experthelp.com/question/726072/have-a-samsung-un60es8000-cannot-get-on-internet-as-soon-as-the-network-come-up-the-tv-rejects-or-get-rid-of-it-the-signal-is-very-strong-just-had-a-commericialwireless-point-installed). The rest of the threads and sites pertain to issues that I'm not experience. So, here is my description of the issue I'm experiencing and I apologize for not using correct language.

I have a Samsung UN60ES8000 that will no longer connect to wireless router. I discovered this by trying to get on Netflix or other app and it gave me network connection error with option to go to network settings. I've had the tv almost 2yrs and has always connected to the same router, which is operating fine and other devices in the house are connected to it without issues. When I go thru Network Settings to re-set up the wireless network, it will search for networks and will only display my network (none of the other wifi networks nearby like it used to) for about 1 second and then the entire menu disappears. 2days ago I called Samsung support who confirmed my firmware is the latest version (version 001056), they had me try manually entering DNS to 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 but this did not solve anything as many other threads have said this resolves connection issues. Also, before calling Samsung, I tried to mirror the tv IP settings to reflect those of my laptop or other devices which connect to my wireless network just fine, but this did not work either. Finally, they wanted to try resetting the tv back to factory settings. After doing this and going thru the initial tv setup questions, the tv seemed to find and connect to my network again (don't recall seeing any of the nearby networks on the list though). I was so happy to finally have it fixed! But, the following morning I tried getting on smart hub to listen to Pandora and once again the network connection issue was back. Sure enough it was not connecting, when going thru the network setup it would only display my router (none of the nearby networks) for 1 second (maybe even less) and the entire menu would disappear or close. I tried same steps (manually enter dns and reset tv again), but the network connection failed to show my network after the reset. Also a note on the reset, I noticed the TV says this option will reset the tv to factory settings but network settings will not be affected. Since the network is the issue I'm having, is there a reset option that does reset network connections/settings? I repeated all the steps that Samsung had me do the night before at least a couple times, but still no luck. I don't understand how to get resolved if I have latest version of firmware. I tried downloading the firmware to usb anyways, just to reinstall in case it was corrupt on the tv, but Samsung's website does not have the newest version available for download. They only have version 1054.4 and when I spoke to Samsung two days ago, they said my version (version 1056) is the latest version. I tried downloading the older version (1054.4) anyways at http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN60ES8000FXZA (thinking it would just update to the newest version later), but when I tried updating on the tv, it said no update files could be found on the usb device. This might be a whole other issue and maybe some different attempts may work but I'd rather just try posting online where so many have provided feedback/solutions to similar issues. I don't know why the reset would solve the problem one day, then the next morning it was back to not working and resetting the tv again does not fix the problem like it did the day before.

Just to reiterate the problem and steps I've taken so far - Problem: Won't connect to wifi, network settings menu on tv disappears immediately after searching for networks. Firmware version is 1056, tried manually entering DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 (neither worked), then reset tv to factory settings. The reset solved the issue, but was back to not working the following day and no longer works when I try resetting again.

SamsungUE40

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015
Forgot to mention: a temporary (poor) workaround -while we are waiting for a patch- is using Chromecast. That will work to see the new episode (Season1 - Hero) of Call Saul on Netflix.

vtec123

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015

Hi mate

Same here cannot get to the internet as you said...
There is wide spread confirmed by Samsung .they are working on fix...I have been told...
So will have to wait and see wat happens

seancaptain

Honorable
Aug 8, 2013
Hi folks. We wrote to Samsung's Pr folks and got back this reply: "We’ll follow-up with Samsung and see if there is a solution or information to provide."

I'll let you know if/when we get something. Best, SC

tomsguideUS

Estimable
Oct 7, 2014
seancaptain said
Hi folks. We wrote to Samsung's Pr folks and got back this reply: "We’ll follow-up with Samsung and see if there is a solution or information to provide."

I'll let you know if/when we get something. Best, SC

For those who don't know, Sean is a Managing Editor on Tom's Guide!

medas

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
Yarli,

Many thanks your solution worked after spending 2 days with Samsung and my internet provider.

"Hello after reading this thread i did hard reset , softap off everything but i didn't worked out. So i called samsung customer service it took me 45 min to get connected and my issue wass resolved

Model: UN60ES7500
Issue: Cannot connect to my wireless network
Resoution : Go to TV Source-- Click Menu--Support --Software Update and get update to latest firmware-- If you click Menu and check softwareupdate while you in SmartHub it will be gray out..so you need to go to TV Source"

Intolerant-Goth

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015

I'm also in the UK and am getting the same problem with my UE40ES5500 but directly wired between TV and router. Tried to access 4OD App last night to catch-up on the 12-Feb episode of The Good Wife. Got the 'No Network Connection' msg. Tried accessing ITV Player, that worked fine. Googled problem and tried the power off/on, and the 8.8.8.8 tricks but problem the same.

Tonight (25th Feb) tried updating the TV's software as mentioned in another thread and it updated successfully using the 'online' option. Now on version 002004. Still getting 'No Network Connection' msg when accessing 4OD, BBC iPlayer, and Samsung Apps but can connect when accessing ITV Player.

Glad to know Samsung are aware of the problem and trying to provide a fix. Will keep trying over the next few days. Meanwhile, might watch that episode of The Good Wife on the laptop.

jchappj

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2001

YES!! This solved my issue of connecting to the router but not to the internet. Thank You!! TV= UN60ES8000FXZA

trmptclwn

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
Going through this thread, I've found a fix that worked for me! Thank you Yarli!

I did not reset anything on the TV.
I turned it on, but I did not go into Smart Hub.
I pressed the MENU button on the remote, selected SUPPORT, and updated.
It downloaded just fine (though I couldn't connect to the internet through Smart Hub, even though the router pinged the TV just fine).
The TV turned itself off, then turned itself back on.
I hit the Smart Hub button, and connected to Netflix!
I'm so happy!
Thank you to the people on the forum who figured it out, you guys are awesome!

Adam Bonilla

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
Well, I've been doing a lot of research and reading responses. Long story short, I'm having a hard time updating my Samsung because I have no way of getting on the wireless network. I even bought an Ethernet and tried to get on wired, but no luck. So, apparently, I need the updates, but have not way to access it. Sounds like a delimena. Any suggestions.

Yarli

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015

do you tried my solution

Hello after reading this thread i did hard reset , softap off everything but i didn't worked out. So i called samsung customer service it took me 45 min to get connected and my issue wass resolved

Model: UN60ES7500
Issue: Cannot connect to my wireless network
Resoution : Go to TV Source-- Click Menu--Support --Software Update and get update to latest firmware-- If you click Menu and check softwareupdate while you in SmartHub it will be gray out..so you need to go to TV Source

Kilosh

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
I have Samsung UN46D6000 and Blue Ray Player HT-D6500W. The TV is connected via a Wireless LAN USB stick and the Blue Ray directly wired to Apple Express Router. Two days ago the Blue Ray Theater Smart TV app (one we use) went dead. "Connected to router but no internet connection" it says. But it is still updating apps, like youtube, so it somehow is able to connect to internet. My internet connection is solid as all other devices in the house are working without any issues. I am somewhat relieved to read this thread and know that I am not the only one out here experiencing this. I was about to buy an Amazon fire TV and call the whole thing a day. Let me know if you guys hear anything for find out any new information. Thanks

dannymax0901

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
WORK AROUND SOLUTION:

Keep all your IP address information the same (whether its DHCP'd or you manually enter it) The only thing that needs to be changed is to manually change your DNS to 151.80.14.237 and that should get you to be able to reach the internet -- atleast it did for me. Good luck!

Source: http://www.myce.com/news/users-fix-samsung-smart-tv-time-two-workarounds-known-75148/

llvcota

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
My smart samsung stopped connecting to the Internet last night and when I got to work this morning my coworker said same thing happened to him. Both are just a little more than a yr old and bought at Costco. All other devices work fine. I called century link and they said tv too far from modem which is silly since it has worked for a year. This can't be a coincidence. You would think Samsung would have staff monitoring posts like this.

Adam Bonilla

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
I JUST FIXED IT!!! AFTER DOING SOME RESEARCH, I WENT TO TWITTER AND SAW A TWEET ABOUT SAMSUNG SAMRT TV DOWN. I READ THIS TWEET THAT SAID USERS FIXED IT THEMSELVES! I TRIED IT AND IT WORKS!!! OK, IN THE IP SETTING. . JUST CHANGE THE DSN SERVER FROM AUTO TO MANUAL. THEN PUT IN THESE NUMBERS:
151.80.14.237 IT WORKS!! THANK GOD AND THOSE WHO SPENT TIME ON SOLVING THIS PROBLEM!! CARRY ON!!

xiz111

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015

Thank you! Just tried this ... our Samsung TV is about 2 years old and had this exact problem within the past couple of days. Updating the firmware fixed the connectivity straight away. Much appreciated

Yarli

Estimable
Feb 24, 2015

Don't worry just select online, it will download automatically

joe325

Estimable
Feb 26, 2015
I've been having the same problem but just got off an hour long hold with Samsung , but they had a solution:

Go to menu
Network
Network status
Wait for IP Settings
Both should be set to auto
Change DNS Mode to manual
Change DNS Server to - 151.80.14.237
Hit ok then ok

Worked for me. Good Luck

Intolerant-Goth

Estimable
Feb 25, 2015
Worldwide problem. See more info here. http://www.theregister.co.uk/2015/02/26/samsung_sony_tv_outage/

The DNS solution (the 151.80.14.237) being posted may genuinely be a good samaritan but I would be wary and carry out the solution provided by The Register.

Good Luck people!

nicholasgarrett

Estimable
Feb 26, 2015
I've made minimal changes to my system over the last 48 hours to try and fix the problem and nothing worked. After two days of the service being down I booted up this morning ready to try the DNS solution (151.80.14.237) and lo and behold - SmartHub is up and running again. I didn't change a thing. So... maybe the best thing is to sit tight and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.