samsung smart tv wont connect to wireless router bt

RealBeast

Distinguished
You need to look at your Samsung manual in the networking section on how to set up the wireless to automatically obtain an IP address from your gateway router. Sometimes you have to do it twice to get it to work. You will need your wireless passkey and must use the same type of security on the TV and the wireless router.

Natalie123

Estimable
Sep 23, 2014
Thanks, I have checked the manual and it says, you will require a lan adaptor sold separately. I am confused as to why I would need this, the whole point of a smart tv is to connect to your router and it's not fit for purpose.

RealBeast

Distinguished
Agreed, but some models include an Ethernet port and some do not, usually the most expensive do include one. Many do wireless though depending on the model. If so, you could just put a cheap router in AP mode near the TV.

Your other option is to attach to the network through one of their BluRay players if you have one.

If you do need an adapter, you need to buy their branded model, not just any adapter -- I've tested many and none worked other than their specific model adapter. Same with their wireless dongles.