Solved! Samsung SmartTV and Network Connectivity via wired connection

jmins61

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017
My Samsung SmartTV can connect to the internet via wireless and wired connections. When connected via wireless I'm able to see and connect to a shared folder contained on my PC and also see my Directv HR44 Genie. From here I can stream video files from my PC to my TV but need a wired connection for the RVU to work with the Genie.
When I'm connected via wired connection I have internet access but do not see my PC or Genie in the Source Menu.
Here is my setup:
Zoom 5341J Modem to Linksys E4200 Router - Port #1 wired to PC, Port #2 wired to Samsung SmartTV and Port #3 wired to HR44 Genie.
What do I need to do see and access my PC and Genie via ethernet cable?
Thanks for the help.

Solution
The only thing that will makes sense following what you just said is..... you are double-NATing.

ISP Gateway -----(subnet1)----->WIFI router-----(subnet2)----->

When you are doing wireless, you are in subnet2, when you doing wired, you can be on subnet1 or subnet2, and both positions will give you varied results.

The way to make things work "normal" is to not double-NAT and configure WIFI router as an Access Point then everything will be on a single subnet and everything should be preachy then.

How do you know of you double-NATing? by looking at the diagram I draw you, or get both WIFI and ethernet IP, are they on the same subnet?
The only thing that will makes sense following what you just said is..... you are double-NATing.

ISP Gateway -----(subnet1)----->WIFI router-----(subnet2)----->

When you are doing wireless, you are in subnet2, when you doing wired, you can be on subnet1 or subnet2, and both positions will give you varied results.

The way to make things work "normal" is to not double-NAT and configure WIFI router as an Access Point then everything will be on a single subnet and everything should be preachy then.

How do you know of you double-NATing? by looking at the diagram I draw you, or get both WIFI and ethernet IP, are they on the same subnet?

Solution

jmins61

Commendable
Jan 30, 2017
I know nothing about double-NATing. How do I configure the Linksys 4200 as an Access Point and by doing this procedure will the Samsung be able to access my PC and HR44 Genie via an ethernet cable?
Thanks for all the help.