Samsung SmartTV Netflix isn't working

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bake85

Estimable
Mar 9, 2014
I have a Samsung Model UN55F6300 SmartTV. About 3 days ago Netflix stopped running, and I have not been able to resolve it. When I click on the App, it just goes to a black screen and nothing responds. Any thoughts?

Solution
Try disabling Samsung Instant On. I found it in the general settings. Resetting the Smart Hub didn't fix anything for me, but as soon as I disabled this and powered the tv off and on again the Netflix app immediately launched correctly.

pootlenick

Estimable
Nov 21, 2015

this worked first time !!!! ......... thanks++++++ :)

Brandon_28

Estimable
Nov 21, 2015
Reset the TV back to factory and unplug it from the wall outlet for about a min then plug it back up then set it backup like it was when you bought it new and that will work

Alexander_10

Estimable
Nov 23, 2015
Sorry for my bad english but this solution finally worked for me.
I live in Sweden and I have a Samsung TV UE55F7005

- I press the MENU
- I CHOOSE SMARTFUNCTIONS
- I CHOOSE RESET SMART HUB
- Then I launched THE APP NETFLIX
- VOILA! IT WORKS!

mommasangel

Estimable
Nov 28, 2015
Just an FYI... I just got a new Smart TV too, and since I got it, Netflix hasn't worked. I was accessing it through my Telus Optic TV and it would not work. I could sign in and choose a show to watch but it always just said, "Unavailable to play this selection right now, Please try again later"
Hubby had an idea: He went through the actual SmartHub and it seems to work now ;)
First signed out of Netflix, turned everything off, signed back on and everything is back to normal! So if you're going through a cable box, maybe try the Smart Hub App :)

Matthias_3

Estimable
Nov 30, 2015
On my new UE40JU6580 I never was able to even open the Netflix app. It got stuck on samsungs loading screen which I had to look at for 2 mins only to get back to Tv/HDMI afterwards.
I tried almost every solution in this post and nothing helped. I even set my smart hub to "Afghanistan"...

So I called samsung today and told them my story. The hotline guy guided me through following:

1) Menu > Support > contact Samsung go down to last page and look for "netflix esn:" - If this is blank then you got another problem and this solution here won't help.
2) If your netflix app has no ESN, then it is a problem with your router.
3) go to the network menu and select a different wlan. I used the personal hotspot on my iPhone here. No worries, this is just to get the ESN. You can totally use your normal Network for the TV at the end.
4) go into the Smart Hub and select the Netflix app, press and hold ENTER, select NEW INSTALL (or similar)
5) open the Netflix app - et voila! I should just normally load the video menu.
6) leave the app and change the Network for the TV back to normal.

HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEONE!!!

Beth_4

Estimable
Dec 5, 2015
Grab the remote, using the directional buttons on your remote, enter the following sequence of buttons to pull up a secret menu: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, Up, Up, Up, Up, Up, Up.
Choose 'sign out' or 'deactivate'. Log back in.

This worked for me after using the factory reset or resetting all apps multiple times - only to gain a few hours of uninterrupted play.

Tyra__D

Estimable
Dec 12, 2015
Reset Smart Hub.

Go to Menu on remote. Next, choose Smart Features and scroll down until you see Smart Hub Reset. Once the Smart Hub Reset is complete, launch Netflix.

Hugman

Estimable
Dec 22, 2015
I have samsung js8000
Would not play netflix uhd content
Fix by turning off instant on
Menu
System
Scroll down to general
And its in there just turn it off
Job done

Eden__W

Estimable
Dec 24, 2015

Hey thanks this totally worked, well it at least allowed the app to launch. I then had to reset Netflix to get past a network issue. Good looking out :)

Status
Not open for further replies.