Samsung software / hardware features replicateable?

ZacB

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013
Hi, I'm just wondering wether Samsung has actually included any hardware changes to allow things such as "smart scroll" or if this is just the front facing camera and some neat software... If it is just software (touchwiz) then is it hypothetically possible one could root it over to the HTC one and utilise the software.

I'm only asking as I'm interested and also truly torn between the two phones... hence my particular interest.

Thanks for any answers!!

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
Your post is a little confusing. You mean the Samsung S4?

They're actually releasing a version down the road through Google, that will ship with stock Android. No touchwiz, no Samsung modifications, just stock Android. Like the Nexus that is being built by LG at the moment.

With that in mind, it would be possible for developers to make custom ROMs, or to emulate the HTC One environment.

In a sheer hardware comparison, the S4 wipes the floor with the HTC One. So, if it's a decision between those two - get the S4. But, wait until it comes out with stock 'droid, it'll be far easier to root and flash.

ZacB

Honorable
Apr 23, 2013

I see, i assume that stock droid won't have the gimmiky eye tracking etc that samsung added in?

Apanzee

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
I assume it's more of a gimmick than anything..

Modern phones may be fairly powerful, but not nearly powerful enough to perform proper eye tracking. It would be more of, head tracking, at most.

Anyway, no, with stock droid it wouldn't have the eye tracking.