Samsung tab 3 locked up

JaredRH72

Commendable
May 22, 2016
My Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 is locked up. I can do the hard reboot and it starts to reboot. But once the ATT symbol comes on it locks up again.

It sounds like something you recently installed or downloaded is messing with it. The first thing I would suggest is trying to start it in "Safe Mode". If it starts up this way, then it is definitely a problem with an app or downloaded software. You would then need to determine which one it was. Any software/apps/files/updates just prior to the problem would be serious candidates.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable safe mode, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: Off" rather than On.

JaredRH72

Commendable
May 22, 2016

JaredRH72

Commendable
May 22, 2016
I can't turn the tablet off. It is stuck with the ATT symbol. I tried going into safe mode after doing a hard reboot and it doesn't do it. The tablet first shows a screen that says samsung galaxy tab 4 android. Then shows a colorful samsung. The a swirling at&t. When the swirling stops the att symbol is still there and won't go any further.

JaredRH72

Commendable
May 22, 2016

JaredRH72

Commendable
May 22, 2016
Ok I saw in another posting that you said to hold down the power button and the volume down button and the home button, then when it started to reboot do it again.
Now my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 looks like it is stuck in ODIN MODE.
The screen says:Odin Mode
Product Name: SM-T337A
Current Binary: Samsung Official
System Status: Custom
Reactivation Lock: Off
Knox Warranty Void: 0x0
Qualcomm secureboot:Enable (csb)
AP swrev: S1, T2, R1, A2, P1
Secure Download: Enable
UDC start
Downloading. ..
Do Not Turn Off Target!!