Samsung Tab SM-T800 problem

MadGrandma

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
Have tried to reset by holding down Power and Volume down buttons, screen reappears with Samsung logo, but freezes. Have tried to do a reset, but the Android logo appears and goes no further. Any ideas for help much appreciated.

You could try to force a factory reset, which will generally resolve most software issues, but will erase any data currently on the device. It's a bit of a last resort, but if you want to attempt it, you can reach the menu for it by holding down the Power, Home, and Volume UP buttons for about 10-15 seconds.

MadGrandma

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016

Thanks, but I tried this - I reached the first reboot screen where I had to press Volume down to cancel or Up to reset. Pressed up, came up with the Android initial screen and the machine just sat there for about 4 hours! However after trying Power/Volume down twice more, it has suddenly come on again, complete with all apps etc intact! Think I will leave it to discharge the battery fully, switch off and then recharge from scratch. Thanks for the idea though.