Samsung Tablet touch screen acts like it's being touched when it is not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 25, 2018
My tablet is unusable. When I turn it on it operates normally for a few minutes, then for lack of a better descriptive word it starts to do the rubber chicken. The tablet acts like I am telling it to close and reopen the apps over and over and it does not stop until I turn it off. I have tried to reset in safe mode and this did not resolve the problem. It is behaving like I am touching the screen or the home button and return button all at once.

Solution
I can't say what it is caused by exactly. There are a few things that it could be. If you just bought them, and they are new, I would take it back and exchange it. If past that date of exchange then contact the manufacturer.

Just tell them exactly what you said here. That the screen is moving on its own. Like someone is touching apps, etc., but nothing is being touched. Let them know what you have tried.
It could be a virus, malware, bad app or it could be the screen needs replacing.

If it doesn't happen while you are in "Safe Mode" (not referring to resetting the device, just going into "Safe Mode") then I would start to think it was a virus, etc. If, however, it happens even in "Safe Mode" then it is more likely hardware.

Reactions: Urkey
Sep 25, 2018
I have it in safe mode and it is still happening, so then it is probably hard ware. I purchased two tablets on the same day and the other one is just fine. Can you tell me the technical term for this? If I call Samsung I don't know how to describe it

I can't say what it is caused by exactly. There are a few things that it could be. If you just bought them, and they are new, I would take it back and exchange it. If past that date of exchange then contact the manufacturer.

Just tell them exactly what you said here. That the screen is moving on its own. Like someone is touching apps, etc., but nothing is being touched. Let them know what you have tried.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.