Samsung TV and Q-Acoustics Sounbar issue

joachim.hodara

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018
Hi,

I have a Samsung Smart TV (UN50KU6300) and a soundbar Q-Acoustics Media 4 (QAC-O-QA7410) connected via an optical cable.

I get sounds in the TV main menu from the soundbar, and I can listen to Spotify properly. However, if I try to use either Amazon Prime, Youtube or Netflix, I don't get any audio anymore.

My TV account is up to date, so I'm really not sure what's going on here.

Any idea?

Thank you for your help,
Joachim

Solution
Hi All,

After reading various things on the net, I finally found the solution.
https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/samsung-smart-tv-no-sound-from-sound-bar/

Basically, in the main SAMSUNG menu, if you set PCM, it actually does not do it for your apps. What you need to do is open Youtube/Netflix/whatever and WHILE IT IS RUNNING, go back to the sound options. You will then see that the TV actually switched from PCM to Dolby digital. Change it back to PCM and your soundbar will work. Pretty poor software design by SAMSUNG...

The good news is that you only need to do it once.

Hope that helps.
Set the optical output to pcm rather than auto.

This may still not work with Netflix or Amazon .

If it doesn't it's the fault of both the app & the tv.

I dont see a way around it as I domt think that tv has a headphone socket or analog audio out.

joachim.hodara

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018

It seems that the default audio format was already PCM. The only other option available is DTS Neo 2:5.

joachim.hodara

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018

The only option I have is audio format (PCM right now). What I don't get is why it works on Spotify and not youtube, netflix, etc....
I tried all the things in the above link, but it did not help (or I did not have access to these options)

So you have no extra option for dolby ?? Whicj could be set to pcm ??

Seems this is a massive issue with the smart hub apps when connecting via optical.

I have no idea why tv manufacturers are removing headphone & analogue out audio sockets from tv's nowadays.
They were always a good fallback option with issues like you'rs.

joachim.hodara

Prominent
Feb 4, 2018
Hi All,

After reading various things on the net, I finally found the solution.
https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/samsung-smart-tv-no-sound-from-sound-bar/

Basically, in the main SAMSUNG menu, if you set PCM, it actually does not do it for your apps. What you need to do is open Youtube/Netflix/whatever and WHILE IT IS RUNNING, go back to the sound options. You will then see that the TV actually switched from PCM to Dolby digital. Change it back to PCM and your soundbar will work. Pretty poor software design by SAMSUNG...

The good news is that you only need to do it once.

Hope that helps.

Solution