Question Samsung TV optical digital audio to analog Technics receiver

Mar 22, 2019
I have an old Technics analog receiver which I used for audio from my old Samsung TV. I used analog red/white cables to the Tape Input jacks. I have in wall speakers which we used for movies etc. and regular music. I recently bought a new Samsung smart TV which has optical audio output. I bought an optical/analog converter (recommended by tv salesperson) and connected it to the Technics Receiver. However, I now get buzzing interference when I connect to Netflix, Prime Video or HBOGO movies. I don't get any buzzing interference when streaming Pandora music or anime through the VRV app. I can access these services either through my Roku or directly through the TV.
I actually took the optical/analog converter box and connectors back to the store and exchange them, but the buzzing continues. I've tried some other analog cable connected betweent eh converter box and receiver to see if that was the problem. Same buzzing.
I was wondering if services like Netlfix, Prime Video and HBOGO have some sort of audio signal or something else that is causing the buzzing interference. HELP!!! At wits end.

Do you use a power strip? Plug in the TV into the wall, as well as the converter.

Did you try a different optical cable?

Is the firmware of the TV up to date?
All apps up to date on the TV?
Try adjusting the settings for optical audio if available on this Samsung TV.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Audio 2
C Audio 1
S Audio 1
L Audio 8
R Audio 3
J Audio 1
A Audio 1
L Audio 5
K Audio 2
F Audio 2
A Audio 7
B Audio 1
L Audio 10
D Audio 2
M Audio 4
L Audio 1
B Audio 8
S Audio 2
J Audio 2
H Audio 2
Similar threads
Solved! How to hook up Samsung soundbar to rca tv and Android box...tv doesn't have a optical port..
I have new Samsung tv with a connect box with one optical plug. No rca plugs. I have a sound bar connected to the optical port
Solved! UN55J6200 Samsung smart TV optical bluetooth adapter
Connecting Samsung tv to subwoofer with 5 speakers by optical lead
Samsung Ku 6000 43 inch can not connect head phones no bluetooth only optical out port
How can i connect my samsung smart tv to my klh audio system with optical cord to get soundal
optical audio out on samsung tv
Is Samsung Smart TV with optic plug connecting to a Bose Sound Touch tv
I bought samsung m5570 led smart tv and best buy 2.1 samsung speaker...When I connect both with optical cable via connector bu
how do i connect my jensen digital tv to my samsung soundbar without the optical cord
Samsung optical out not working ?
Samsung Optical Out
Is there a optical audio splitter that is compatible with Samsung tvs. The 2 that I bought from Amazon do not work.
How to connect bluetooth speakers to Samsung TV RCA input, while having a sound bar connected to the optical?
how to connect samsung smart tv k5570 that have hdmi arc & optical output with a 5.1 speakers of only having aux port as a i
I just bought a Samsung SOUNDBAR with a HDMI ARC INPUT AND A HDMI PLUS OPTICAL INPORT And I HAVE 3 HDMI imports on my TV , I h
Need help: best way to connect onkyo a-9010 amplifier to Samsung smart tv? The onkyo only has d1 coaxial and d2 optical digita
I have a Samsung UN32J5003AFXZA LED HDTV with only a Optical Digital Audio Out,how do I hook up wireless headphones
connect samsung tv digital audio (optical) to creative 5.1 surround sound
Can I select in built tv speakers if I have an audio or digital optical cable plugged into my samsung tv

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS