Samsung Tv to MxQ Android box SPdif

b.fleming

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018
I have followed this thread for sometime. I have now purchased a HDMI to HDMI plus audio (SPDIF +
L/R) converter. I am at the point where I feel like I need to just buy a new TV. I cannot get the home theatre to work with the newest android box that does not have an optical output but only SPDIF. I have even tried using the new converter with no luck. Can you be specific what I need to do? Right now I have HDMI from android box to tv. And optical cable from tv to Home theatre. I can only make the audio come oit of tv. When I switch the hts there is no audio. I have changed setting on tv to external speaker. Still no audio. I can not find anymore to come here and hook it up. And can’t figure it out myself or by reading info on the web. Any advice or should I just give up tv.

Major_Trouble

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2007
Found this in your user manual for your HT-F4530.

the TV SOUND button lets you direct the TV's audio to the Home Theater Speakers or the TV Speakers.
Use TV SOUND:
1) When you want to listen to the TV's audio through
the home theater speakers.
2) When you want to listen to the audio from a USB
device plugged into the TV through the home
theater speakers.

b.fleming

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018
I have done this. But just tried it again. I can only get sound through the tv speakers. My old android box had an optical port. SSD worked fine with that box.

iwizfranchise123

Prominent
Jan 6, 2018
I have followed this thread for sometime. I have now purchased a HDMI to HDMI plus audio (SPDIF +
L/R) converter. I am at the point where I feel like I need to just buy a new TV. I cannot get the home theatre to work with the newest android box that does not have an optical output but only SPDIF. I have even tried using the new converter with no luck. Can you be specific what I need to do? Right now I have HDMI from android box to tv. And optical cable from tv to Home theatre. I can only make the audio come oit of tv. When I switch the hts there is no audio. I have changed setting on tv to external speaker. Still no audio. I can not find anymore to come here and hook it up. And can’t figure it out myself or by reading info on the web. Any advice or should I just give up tv.

b.fleming

Prominent
Jan 5, 2018
Now I have a SPdif with one end optical and one SPdif. This connects android to converter. I have HDMI on other end of converter to ht. Still nothing. Don’t know if the switch on converter has to be on “pass, 2ch, or 5ch” but I have tried them all. No luck.