Samsung UBD-K8500 DTS Sound Problem

krassner

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016
I've come to the conclusion that Samsung will not solve my problem. I've been on the chat line and email for about a week. Done everything that they told me to do. I'll restate my problem.I have a Samsung UBD-K8500 that has a problem reading DTS from a 2TB external Drive. The sound comes out Choppy but works great with Dolby Digital. It works great on my Samsung DB J6300 DVD player but not on the Samsung UBD K8500 DVD player. The files are MKV containers. I think it's firmware or hardware related. This situation needs to go to engineering and tested. I've been a loyal Samsung customer for years. I was going to buy a Samsung QN65Q7CN T.V. but if this is going to be there customer service, I'll go with a different brand.

krassner

Commendable
Oct 31, 2016
MERGED QUESTION
Question from krassner : "Samsung UBD-K8500 DTS Sound Problem"

I've come to the conclusion that Samsung will not solve my problem. I've been on the chat line and email for about a week. I've Done everything that they told me to do. I'll restate my problem.I have a Samsung UBD-K8500 that has a problem reading DTS from a 2TB external Drive. The sound comes out Choppy but works great with Dolby Digital. It works great on my Samsung DB J6300 DVD player but not on the Samsung UBD K8500 DVD player. The files are MKV containers. I think it's firmware or hardware related. This situation needs to go to engineering and tested. I've been a loyal Samsung customer for years. I was going to buy a Samsung QN65Q7CN T.V. but if this is going to be there customer service, I'll go with a different brand.