Samsung Unleashes iPhone 6 Attack Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
The only one that made me chuckle was the first one about the bigger screen.

Honestly, these aren't that funny and I don't like to see Samsung make commercials like this which further supports fanboyism.

Samsung should be more professional and less juvenile because it's obvious their phones have had better hardware for years, it doesn't take a genius to see that at the specs list. I, for one, refrain from buying Apple products due to the price you pay and the hardware you receive. I don't think the Apple ecosystem is that great either, I like to customize my experience to the max... that said, I still think these are ridiculous videos.

apone

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
@ deftonian

Oh please, Apple was guilty of being juvenile with their "Mac vs. PC" ads a few years back. Now that I think about it, Apple was way more juvenile (almost bordering on a misdemeanor or felony) with the continued pitch of their products being "magical", "it just works", and "We don't get viruses" nonsense.

apone

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2011
The only one that made me chuckle was the first one about the bigger screen.

Honestly, these aren't that funny and I don't like to see Samsung make commercials like this which further supports fanboyism.

Samsung should be more professional and less juvenile because it's obvious their phones have had better hardware for years, it doesn't take a genius to see that at the specs list. I, for one, refrain from buying Apple products due to the price you pay and the hardware you receive. I don't think the Apple ecosystem is that great either, I like to customize my experience to the max... that said, I still think these are ridiculous videos.

Oh please, Apple was way more juvenile when they did their "Mac vs. PC" ads a few years ago. Now that I think about it, Apple was bordering on a misdemeanor or even a felony with their "It's Magical", "It Just Works", and "Macs don't get Viruses" nonsense.

littleleo

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
Obviously Samsung must be worried or they wouldn't be putting out negative adds.

Apple products are better for customers not good and choosing and installing the right apps for what they want to do, The iPhone and iPad are more for them. I have a iPad and a Nexus and I enjoy both. The iPad is much easier to use so if I was going to buy a smart phone or tablet for and older person that would be what I would choose. For younger more experienced users that want more choices and control I would get them an Android model.

byza

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013
Obviously Samsung must be worried or they wouldn't be putting out negative adds.

Apple products are better for customers not good and choosing and installing the right apps for what they want to do, The iPhone and iPad are more for them. I have a iPad and a Nexus and I enjoy both. The iPad is much easier to use so if I was going to buy a smart phone or tablet for and older person that would be what I would choose. For younger more experienced users that want more choices and control I would get them an Android model.

I agree, both my parents use iPhones and struggle with my Galaxy S4 and I put both of them onto Macs after trying to teach them to use Windows PCs for years and within a week they were proficient. Apple's OS' are just easier to use than their competitors. Even I choose Apple for laptops just because it's a simpler, intuitive system, and use Windows for desktops.

byza

Honorable
Sep 7, 2013

I agree, both my parents use iPhones and struggle with my Galaxy S4 and I put both of them onto Macs after trying to teach them to use Windows PCs for years and within a week they were proficient. Apple's OS' are just easier to use than their competitors. Even I choose Apple for laptops just because it's a simpler, intuitive system, and use Windows for desktops.

rhangman

Distinguished
May 5, 2009
Might be true if you don't know what you are doing, but personally I've never found Apple's stuff that easy to use.

deftonian

Honorable
Oct 18, 2012
@ deftonian

Oh please, Apple was guilty of being juvenile with their "Mac vs. PC" ads a few years back. Now that I think about it, Apple was way more juvenile (almost bordering on a misdemeanor or felony) with the continued pitch of their products being "magical", "it just works", and "We don't get viruses" nonsense.

Just because Apple was juvenile doesn't mean Samsung has to be. That's a juvenile way of thinking.

ferooxidan

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
Well actually it depends on where u live and who controls the market there. In my place windows dominates here, even if a new user were to use windows or mac they would have it easier with windows and still getting confused with mac, because apple is like minority here except for the iPhone or iPad.

therealduckofdeath

Honorable
May 10, 2012
I don't like how corporations instigate petty squabbles with shit like this. They all do it too.
There's a reason they do it. And to be fair, you yourself are one of those reasons commenting it right now.

It's a cheap way to get a lot of people talking about their brand.

ssdpro

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
The ads are juvenile but it isn't out of place. People are living their lives revolving around these things. People are staring at these things while driving and killing people. People are walking into poles because they can't take their eyes off these things. People actually forget their kid in the car but remember their phone. The behavior itself is juvenile so why would marketing be any different.

11796pcs

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011

Oddly enough, I find OSX to be a lot more difficult to use than Windows. The names for stuff is also weird. Make an Alias instead of a Shortcut for example. Also, is OSX really easier to use or did your parents give up on Windows but were willing to give OSX (something new) a chance?

Miharu

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
I don't think it's juvenile. Those ads are not made for people who already know that Galaxy have a better hardware. They are made for fanbois or any person affected by the Apple culte and think they are "magical". Low camera, lower cpu, older technologies and they still think they have a great phone without thinking more than that. Those ads just turn ridicule the gasp between those technologies because Apple cannot follow the pace. And some people really need to see those. So I find those ads brilliant. I would have given a better rating on the first 3 : B+, B and C.

rwinches

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2006
Apple is still dual core!

When ART is here the gap will be much greater.

Is always easy to label something you don't understand.

The grades given reflect a poor understanding of humor being used, in fact your reactions are even funnier and emphasize how you truly don't 'get it'.

neon neophyte

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2009

I would be pretty concerned being the progeny of people that couldnt figure out a windows pc over years. my grandparents, who have stayed away from technology their whole lives hopped right on with no issues whatsoever.

emccalment

Honorable
Apr 17, 2012
I saw a graphic slamming the iPhone 6 about their lack of anything exciting from release to release.
http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/dear-iphone-6-users-welcome-to-2012.jpg
I don't have an issue with the iPhone as a whole, but I do think that nothing REALLY exciting is happening with it since Steve Jobs. Near as I can tell, with this release they're just saying: "We have new, slightly faster handsets available with a bigger screen!"

I had heard the other day that Apple is basically famous for reinventing how we interact with technology on a repeated basis. I think they're stagnating.

Status
Not open for further replies.