Samsung's 50" HDTV Just 1.1-inch Thick

Status
Not open for further replies.

deltatux

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2008
Not bad, a 1.1 inch thick 50 inch TV? Sounds good.

Hopefully not too expensive ;) (although I can't see my hope becoming a reality).

G

This is for plasma TV not LCD. You guys are all on the wrong side of info.

Upendra09

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
So far Samsung seems to be the farthest ahead compared to sony and toshiba. I am surprised it the Koreans came out with a better tv than japan's sony and toshiba.

G

The big name already have LED based TV, they just let the other to test it out for this new tech and perfecting them (I mean better, less power, cheaper) and then sell you for the same premium so they can get more margin. Plus Sammy is pretty much very aggressive in marketing their product too. Exposure is great way to gain market share.

We purchased couple Sammy thin LCD recently from Fry's used for shooting a scene for a auto manufacture and they just gave out the sammy to couple interns as a token of appreciation on top of what they suppose to get.

crisisavatar

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
[citation][nom]mtyermom[/nom]Being a new model, and LED back-lit, these are definitely going to be at the upper end of the price scale.[/citation]
smartass lol

fooldog01

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2009
I dont see why the average consumer gives a crap about thickness. I'll take a 5 inch thick TV that costs half and has just as good a picture. I think the novelty of "superthin" has worn off... well for real people anyway.

matt87_50

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2009
i fail to see how samsung is ahead of sony or toshiba, sony had LED backlit sets out since 2007 (all be it in a 70" form factor that cost more than a luxury car) and brought out dynamic RGB backlit sets at "reasonable" prices last year, sure they aren't the thinest sets, but i don't consider this a priority when buying a primary tv.

fooldog01

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2009
[citation][nom]kamkal[/nom]This is all fun and games but the real question is how much is this gunna cost?[/citation]

More than a TV with comparable picture quality that is not as thin.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
i wonder if it has local lit led's or edge lit... local lit led's are supposed to be alot better, but edge lit allow for a slimmer design

Status
Not open for further replies.