Samung Launches Dual-Screen Galaxy Continuum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]violator1984[/nom]I love my ipad, Guarnteed if it didnt say apple on it everyone here would love it too[/citation]
Of course, if it didn't say Apple it would probably run on Android so everyone would have a reason to love it :p

winner4455

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
[citation][nom]violator1984[/nom]I love my ipad, Guarnteed if it didnt say apple on it everyone here would love it too[/citation]

Maybe if it didn't hold the Apple price we would.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
that's great man, but this article is about a PHONE from SAMSUNG

o topic: looks like a brilliant idea that's probably gonna be used in future phones

G

surprised the only real difference (apart from the new partitioned screen) with the actual Samsung Galaxy S was not mentioned.. The new LED Flash for low light photos.. wish my Galaxy s had one..

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008

Apple's products are more about making everybody go "Ooh shiny! must have", but they also have the price that makes you go "I'll go buy a laptop instead, and i'll save $100".

Well that's what i thought when i got my netbook, i had to consider the touch screen of the ipad but it wasn't enough to win me over.

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
It's not a dual display. It's a single large display with a strip of capacitive buttons painted over a portion that "separates" the main screen from the ticker. If I put a strip of black tape in the middle of my monitor that doesn't mean I now have dual monitors

http://www.engadget.com/2010/11/08/samsung-continuum-first-hands-on/

victorintelr

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2010
Of course everyone would love it, 'cause if it didn't say Apple, it wouldn't be Apple (unless is a chinese knock-off)

SneakySnake

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2009
Everyone took the troll bait and replied to the iPad guy lol

I will discuss the new phone: The ticker display seems extremely useless, I'd rather just have the actual display extended down into that area and have more real estate for everything else

tayb

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Voted down to -2 for speaking the truth and providing evidence. Alas, what else could be expected from 6 fanboys who responded to fanboy bait.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
So the ticker display is really an implementation of the good old external display on flip phones. Nothing bad but if there's already a popup notification for things like SMS I don't see the need for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.