Satellite A215-S5837 start-up ERROR

airtonylee

Estimable
May 22, 2014
i have the Toshiba Satellite A215-S5837 and now when ever i start my laptop it beeps twice and gives me the message ive wiped the laptop with a fresh os. nothing is plugged in so i have no idea PLZ help.

phoenix TrustedCore(tm) NB
copyright 1985-2006 Phoenix technologies Ltd.
All rights Reserved

IALAA BIOS Version V1.90
Video BIOS shadowed
ATAPI CD-ROM: HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20N
Fixed Disk 0: Toshiba MN1637GSX
Mouse initialized
ERROR
Resource Conflict-PCI Serial Bus Controller in slot 01
Bus:1A, device:04, function:01
ERROR
Resource Conflict-PCI in slot 01
Bus:1A, Device:04, Function:02
ERROR
Resource Conflict-Pci in slot 01
Bus:1A, Device:04, function:03

Press <F1> to resume, <F2> to setup

Do you have more than one memory module installed or have you installed new memory recently? It sounds like a memory issue or else a problem with an installed PCI device. I don't know if you have a PCI hard drive installed on there but perhaps if you do there is a problem with it. What happens when you hit F1 or F2?

airtonylee

Estimable
May 22, 2014
i have 1x2 GB DDR2 sticks in it and no i haven't installed any lately i don't have a pci hard drive its definitely sata and f1 continues to windows and f2 brings you to the bios. i've restored the bios to defaults and wiped windows and nothing helped

Ok, I KNOW what happens when you push those buttons, what I want to know is on your rig, does it work and continue to load windows or go into the BIOS depending on what you push, or does it fail to continue on? If it does go into BIOS I would first try resetting the BIOS to default or Optimal settings and see what happens from there. You might also update the BIOS. Something is allowing or forcing a resource conflict and we need to know what it is in order to correct it. Let me know.

Ok, so next step is to check device manager for any devices that stand out with symbols next to them. If you know how to get to device manager then just go there and check for exclaimed devices. If not, go to control panel>device manager and see if any of the categories are open to an exclaimed or question marked device.

If so, right click on it and select update and then automatic update. After update reboot and report back. If no drivers are found we'll have to get them from the Toshiba website. I'll be glad to find the most recent ones for you. If there are no problem devices listed a reinstall of the core device drivers would be my next step. Have you had any issues with erratic behavior from the mouse or keyboard or any of your usb devices? Let me know.

airtonylee

Estimable
May 22, 2014
OK i've updated ive put in the new drivers and now i have yellow explanation point with the pci, sd, and Ethernet i've tried re installing the drivers so i just disabled them and no i haven't had anything weird with my mouse and keyboard. now with these things disabled i go to start>devices and printers i still have and yellow explanation point on my pc. and with the Ethernet, and pci i'm ok with having disabled because i don't use then and i use WiFi.

Yeah, I can't help you if you skim the instructions and don't do everything exactly like I suggest. Devices and printers is a completely different area than device manager. And now, since you don't have an Ethernet connection or a wifi connection, you can't update properly. SO try this. Go to start>control panel>device manager (Not devices and printers). Go to the Ethernet adapter and right click and select properties. On the driver tab select roll back driver. Follow the prompts to roll back the driver to the previous driver. Reboot. Do this for each item you installed drivers for that did not have a problem before but does now. Reboot.

Or, if you are failing to communicate properly to me and those items ALREADY did have a mark next to them before you changed any drivers last time then you will need to get and update the drivers from the OEM website. Good luck. Hopefully you will read back over the previous instructions along with these instructions and you will figure out where you went wrong. Hint: It starts with paying attention and following directions instead of only halfway listening. When you only halfway listen, then start changing things, that's when BAD things happen to your computer. Furthermore, no place in my previous posts did I say it would be wise to install any drivers. I said UPDATE, AUTOMATICALLY. I have a feeling you went and downloaded some drivers and installed them and chances are good they are not the right drivers. You notice how I said "I'll get them for you."? That was to make sure you got the correct drivers installed if windows was not able to automatically install them for you. So now you have no wifi and no Ethernet. That's real cute huh?

Ok, let's just do this. Are you running Windows 7 or Windows 8 and 32 or 64 bit? I'll locate the drivers for you so you can get the correct ones installed.