Solved! Satellite tv different locations

coolarrow

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
I'd like to use my satellite tv at my deer lease, but wanted to know if it's alright if my wife uses the other box at the same time while she's at home. Antenna installation and taking a box with me is a given. Can my wife and I use 2 boxes from the same account at 2 different locations at the same time? or should i buy additional service?

Solution

It works for us except for the local channels. You would have to have DISH change the location. But then you would not get the local channels at your home. Other than this, it seems to work. We had to call dish to tune our receiver at the 2nd site but that was not a problem. They do that while you are on the phone watching your TV channel setup. No extra charge. Not sure why we had...

flyhal

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009

It works for us except for the local channels. You would have to have DISH change the location. But then you would not get the local channels at your home. Other than this, it seems to work. We had to call dish to tune our receiver at the 2nd site but that was not a problem. They do that while you are on the phone watching your TV channel setup. No extra charge. Not sure why we had to have the Receiver reset although this particular one had not been use for a year so the card in it could have expired.

Solution