save to microsd

ucwjudy

Estimable
Aug 6, 2015
MediaPad 7 Lite Android version 4.0.3 . How do I save to mounted 16GB please as storage on tablet is full?

AndroidAl

Estimable
Jul 6, 2015
Are you referring to "saving" to microSD card as in simply copying an installer (eg - ***.apk) or any other file to the SD card,, or,, installing apps/games onto the SD card..??? These are two very different operations, not to be confused with each other...

1).. If you mean copying the app or any other sort of file, use a file handler like Total Commander for Android,, v2.61 is the latest I think. It simply gives you the capacity to copy, move, delete, rename files, or make new folders, delete folders etc etc (I'm sure you get the picture here ) to or from any part of the machine to any other part of it, including USB sticks and I'm sure maybe even via wireless, although I have not tried this particular avenue yet. Just DON'T abuse the privilege and move too many needed system or installed files away from where they already are, or like any computer, you'll find that things don't work so well all of a sudden..

2).. If you mean actually "install" apps/games to the SD card, then I am not quite sure but somewhere in my travels while messing with things on my tablets, I have seen the option to MOVE installed apps and/or install apps to the SD card many times but taken no notice of this as I am usually on the track of something else at the time. I will be messing with one of my tablets very soon, and if I see that option again, I will take note and post anything I find in here for you...

I recommend that you get a 32Gb card rather than a 16Gb one. They are quite cheap now and they offer a huge amount of storage over the 16Gb's (obviously twice the capacity). I know that means having to take out your 16Gb card and either copy over the info or start again, but the longer you leave it, the harder it gets... To be honest I made the mistake of putting in a 16Gb card - dirt cheap even for a high spec one - and then start using it on my very first tablet ever, just a few weeks ago. I had actually bought a 32Gb and a 16Gb both together but had no idea just how they functioned in a tablet so I decided to start off with the 16Gb card to find out. I thought they were solely for storage like for a camera or on a PC and didn't realize they became part of the system, so even after a few intensive days of installing apps etc, I removed it and threw in the 32Gb card and started again. It only took me one afternoon to get back up to speed. Now I am happier...

Al