Say I have two laptops of the same make and model and that one laptop has overheated , using a re-balling machine/re-flow mach

Jai_8_

Prominent
Jun 25, 2017
Say I have two laptops of the same make and model and that one laptop has overheated , using a re-balling machine/re-flow machine such as the jovey 8500 would the GPU from the working laptop still work with the other overheated laptop?

Also say that both laptops use the same AMD GPU would the broken laptop still work with the other AMD GPU after removing it with the re-balling machine?

Jai_8_

Prominent
Jun 25, 2017
This does not answer the question that I've posed. The reason for the question is to find out if what I've asked will work as anyone will tell you overheating is caused by the graphics chip and the best solution would be to replace the overheated graphics chip with a new one that matches the laptop specifications. GPU's overheating and when they are repaired they tend to keep overheating as all the other electronic components (even though you can re-ball the damaged GPU) is still damaged such as the wafer and other components. All I want to know is if I go ahead with removing a new GPU (compatible with the same laptop) will it work in the laptop that had the GPU that overheated, this is all I want to know. A new GPU will give you more many more years out of your computer motherboard (it's like having a brand new machine so to speak).

USAFRet

Illustrious

What, exactly, caused the broken one to fail?

You want to remove the actual GPU and put it in the other one?
Have you ever done this before?

You may just end up with 2 broken systems.

TRENDING THREADS