Scientists Predict Possible Ice Increase in Arctic

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark_knight33

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Are you kidding? If right the wing nut jobs have their way, there is no global warming. Nothing will happen to the sea ice, just don't go look for yourself, or live a few feet above sea level any time soon. Just ask Bachmann, she gets her info directly from the Soviet Union.

http://rt.com/usa/news/bachmann-soviet-union-threat/

It couldn't be more ridiculous if it were a lie, sadly this is who teabaggers would have you vote for. She'll bring back $2 a gallon gas, even if she has to put America in a second recession to do it!

sceen311

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
So we'll see Ice increase past what we've already lost or we will not see constant loss but a small gain, then back to losing.

G

It's a shame that serious things like global warming can boil down to name calling but often times that seems to be the case. I'd really encourage everyone here to educate themselves a bit further on the matter though from not-so-biased sources. Not saying saying I doubt the info in this article either, but human-exacerbated global warming to me seems very clearly real. I used to not think so, but the evidence is overwhelming.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]dark_knight33[/nom]Are you kidding? If right the wing nut jobs have their way, there is no global warming. Nothing will happen to the sea ice, just don't go look for yourself, or live a few feet above sea level any time soon. Just ask Bachmann, she gets her info directly from the Soviet Union.http://rt.com/usa/news/bachmann-soviet-union-threat/It couldn't be more ridiculous if it were a lie, sadly this is who teabaggers would have you vote for. She'll bring back $2 a gallon gas, even if she has to put America in a second recession to do it![/citation]

You know what happens to left wingers when they get older, get a real job, buy a house, and start a family...........they become right wing nut jobs. Just wait 10 years and see if I am wrong.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]dark_knight33[/nom]Are you kidding? If right the wing nut jobs have their way, there is no global warming. Nothing will happen to the sea ice, just don't go look for yourself, or live a few feet above sea level any time soon. Just ask Bachmann, she gets her info directly from the Soviet Union.http://rt.com/usa/news/bachmann-soviet-union-threat/It couldn't be more ridiculous if it were a lie, sadly this is who teabaggers would have you vote for. She'll bring back $2 a gallon gas, even if she has to put America in a second recession to do it![/citation]
I love how people from the left just call names. And I hate the fact that a site that tries to pass itself off in some manner as jounalistic has a very bad first line.

First and foremost, there is no definitive proof on global warming. I would suggest you read the works of Dr. Roy W. Spencer, a climatologist at the University of Alabama in Huntsville as well as a scientist working for NASA. He has extensive works on the subject.

And let's not forget, according to radical environmentalists who taught current people like Al Gore, Great Britain was to be under ice by the year 2000. Earth Day was made to warn people of global COOLING. And if manmade global warming is so real, why is there need to do things like fabricate emails and evidence?

A lot of people like to use buzz words like "scientific consensus" although one really does not exist. Of course these people forget that at one time in human history, scientific consensus was that the earth was the center of the universe and the sun orbited us. Truth isn't formed by a few people saying something is that way.

I also find it very odd that in less than 200 years that humanity has been in the industrial age we have somehow polluted far more than nature itself which puts these pollutants into the air at a far greater rate than human beings could if they intentionally tried to do it.

Now I am all for common sense protection of the environment. We all want clean water, we want to breathe clean air. But these "teabaggers" you call them, why don't you look at the grounds where they hold their rallys compared to even radical environmentalists. The Tea Party people actually clean up after themselves.

It's so funny how radical environmentalists push things like the electic car. And yes, the electric car doesn't pollute while it's operating. However, it still pollutes, often times with greater impact. How does an electric car get it's power? Batteries. How are these batteris charged? By plugging them in. That means more electricity has to be generated, mostly from coal, because radicals won't allow us to try to progress. And what happens when the batteries have to be disposed of? Sorry, but the environmental impact is actually GREATER by these so called "green" cars.

Reminds me of the disposable diaper tirade radicals went on at the end of the 80's/early 90's. "Disposable's take up too much landfill space and don't break down, people MUST use cloth diapers!!!" While it was never argued that they didn't break down, sensible people said let's research first to see what the impact will be by going cloth. Radicals pushed for cloth to make a comeback and it did greatly. What ended up happening was more launcry was being done, so more detergents ended up being put into the water systems. Diaper services made a comeback and more vehicles on the road. All of a sudden the radicals did a 180 and made cloth out to be the evil though people went to cloth because of them.

And explain how putting gas back to $2 a gallon would create a recession? If fuel prices were lower that would help the economy.

jsc

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2004
"Even though the observed ice loss has accelerated over the last decade, the fate of sea ice over the next decade depends not only on human activity but also on climate variability that cannot be predicted."

I'd have much more faith in the claims of the global warning proponents if they had lifestyles that actually showed they believe in it. Al Gore comes to mind.

SmileyTPB1

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2006
Proof positive that the weather and climate are far too complex for us to understand at this time.

Let's look at a few facts.

The earth is billions of years old. We have only had the knowledge and technology to study the climate in depth for the last 30 or so years. I don't think that gives us a good sample of how the climate really works. We didn't even know the Jet Stream existed until the 1940s and even then is was discovered by accident.

Until the early 1980s most scientists believed we were on the verge of another Ice Age.

Because the earth's orbit around the sun fluctuates we are currently moving closer to the sun and into a naturally warmer climate phase.

Contrary to what Global Warming Alarmists would have you believe the earth's climate has been both colder and warmer multiple times in the past. In fact many climate scientists will tell you that the last 10,000+ years have been unusually stable.

Is the climate getting warmer? Yes.
Are humans and all of their air pollution having a negative impact and accelerating the warming of the climate? Yes.
Are humans and all of their air pollution the only reason the climate is warming? No.

I believe that the climate and the weather are far too complex for us to understand right now, especially after such a short period of in depth study when compared to how old the earth is. It may be too complex for us to ever completely understand. I just wish that people would look at more facts beyond what Global Warming Alarmists have to show us and make their own educated decision.

enforcer22

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006

After reading the linked article all i could think was fuck not another bush.

becherovka

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Global Warming Alarmists gives the rest of the people trying to do good a bad name. Calls like the oceans will rise 70m will not happen. If all the ice melted and spread across the oceans its only 66m but the change in force from the icecaps to the ocean will cause the earths plates to move and the water level will never raise that full amount. However if all the icecaps did melt there would be a lot of other natural disasters. The other one that I dont agree with is global warming causes an iceage. That might of happened in the past but when it did carbon dioxide was at MUCH lower levels. The earth holds too much heat atm for an ice-age to happen. My other issue is that both carbon dioxide and methane have a life cycle 50 years for carbon dioxide and 12 years for methane. This means that unless when use more fossil fuels than we have in the last 50 years the carbon dioxide levels should be stable. (same goes for methane in a way).

becherovka

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
"And explain how putting gas back to $2 a gallon would create a recession? If fuel prices were lower that would help the economy."
Who pays the difference? That might answer your question

memadmax

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2011
If you take a look at the earth from space, like the space station cam for example, you will see that we are really quite insignificant little fleas on spaceship earth.

She will do what she wants, whenever she wants, and there won't be a dang thing we can do about it.

Enjoy your day!

booseek

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
[citation][nom]trialsking[/nom]You know what happens to left wingers when they get older, get a real job, buy a house, and start a family...........they become right wing nut jobs. Just wait 10 years and see if I am wrong.[/citation]

At least in NYC, 95% of the people that I know with jobs, homes, and families are very liberal. What are you talking about?

G

Global warming is a religion like the one that predicted the end of the world a few months ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.