For the screen, try this...
1. Go into "Control Panel" and then "Power Options".
2. Click the "Change plan settings" link next to which ever plan you are currently using and then click "Change advance power settings".
3. In this new window click "Display" to open up the listings under it.
4. Now locate and click each of the following..."Display brightness", "Dimmed display brightness" and "Enable adaptive brightness".
5. Change each of these to the settings you wish, then click the "Apply" button and finally the "OK" button.
6. You should be good.
Now with the LED, it may well be the battery is not putting out enough power, or having other issues. In such a case you would need to replace the battery.