Solved! Screen cable shorted. Now the display is not working, but touch input is fine.

Apr 7, 2021
Hi all.
I was removing and re-connecting the display cable because it was loose and caused flickers on the screen when the lid was at certain angles. While doing so, I didn't remove the battery and didn't realize the connector still had power; and I saw a spark. Now the screen doesn't work.
I checked the connector and the cable for any burned material but they look fine. I didn't find any damaged components either.
Will changing the cable possibly fix the issue or did I damage any components or traces on the motherboard?(external monitors work fine)

A spark is bad news. Did it seem like a longish thin spark like you get touching a door knob after crossing a carpet or a thicker, shorter spark. If the unit was turned off, it's unlikely related to power within the laptop. It's possible the spark was a static discharge from your body if you did not take ESD precautions (look this up on the internet). If that's what happened, it's hard to know what is damaged. This will not cause damage you can see visually. Since an external monitor still works, the damage may be limited to the display board, but the driver interface on the motherboard could also be bad. BTW, you won't always feel a static discharge from your body, but it can still cause damage.

Apr 7, 2021
A spark is bad news. Did it seem like a longish thin spark like you get touching a door knob after crossing a carpet or a thicker, shorter spark. If the unit was turned off, it's unlikely related to power within the laptop. It's possible the spark was a static discharge from your body if you did not take ESD precautions (look this up on the internet). If that's what happened, it's hard to know what is damaged. This will not cause damage you can see visually. Since an external monitor still works, the damage may be limited to the display board, but the driver interface on the motherboard could also be bad. BTW, you won't always feel a static discharge from your body, but it can still cause damage.
Hi. Thanks for the reply. It wasn't a static discharge. And the spark was yellow-ish, the type you see when a wire burns. That's why I was looking for burn marks.

Apr 7, 2021
dude, My issue is almost the same . Did you diagnose the problem ?
Hi. So sorry about the super late reply. About my problem, I gave it to a local repair shop. They weren't detailed as to what they did and they said different things every time, so I'm not sure if they really changed the screen and a component on the motherboard, as they said. But at least they didn't charge super high. Kinda wish I knew more, for the sake of curiosity.
Yours might just need a component though, as I've seen different laptops with the same symptoms, requiring different repairs.
Good luck to whomever having the same issue.