Screen changing brightness (Lenovo Flex 15)

sn0zb0z

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
Hi. I have just bought the Lenovo Flex 15. I looked at the power settings and set the brightness, but it is ignoring the settings and always either darker or brighter than I want it. It keeps flickering between being darker and brighter and it's giving me a headache. It is unplugged if that makes a difference, I haven't used it plugged in yet to know if it does it then. How can I stop it? I've looked through the settings and can't find anything. Thanks.

ratedk

Distinguished
Lenovo likes to use their own power management software. A Lenovo software update may resolve the issue (I had a similar issue with the screen orientation on my Lenovo Twist that the Lenovo software update fixed). Or try to find the Lenovo Power management and adjust settings from there.

Sorry I can't be more specific on where to go, I don't have my laptop in front of me at the moment.

sn0zb0z

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013

Thanks. I looked at the power settings which I found through the control panel and I haven't found any other mention of any settings for that. I just installed all Windows updates, would that have installed any Lenovo software updates? I might be missing something as I'm not used to Windows 8.

ratedk

Distinguished
After breaking out my laptop, Mine has a "Lenovo Settings" Just go to the metro screen and start typing and win 8 will search installed apps. Also look for "System Update" On mine, it's the updater for all the lenovo software that came pre-installed.

Win 8 was a real headache at first. It's all there, but everything is different. There's a nice piece of 3rd party software that gives you the functionality and look of the start button that windows 7 had, get it at www.classicshell.net Using Shift + Windows Key will flip between the desktop & the metro screen after you install it.

sn0zb0z

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013

I tried searching for them and I don't appear to have them. I did, however, find a thing that said about automatic brightness and it took me to a different screen to adjust the brightness and turn off automatic brightness.

The only problem is that despite turning it off it is still changing the brightness all the time. It constantly changes.

sn0zb0z

Honorable
Oct 29, 2013
Thanks. The problem has been solved now. Turns out there are 3 menus for changing the brightness and two for automatic brightness. It needed to be changed under the AMD catalyst control centre.