Question Screen flickering on my Asus laptop

Feb 9, 2019
Hi everyone, I've read multiple subjects about it but wanted to have someone's advice

Hi have had an Asus laptop as my main computer for a long time. It was always plugged in an had no display problem.
When I use it on battery, all goes well except when running under 50% battery the screen starts to flicker a lot. It occurs in the bios, during the boot process and also after logging in Windows 10

I've tried to reinstall the drivers as told in here but it didn't solve the problem. Could this be a hardware problem? Or is there something else I can try to do?

If it is happening in BIOS and when you boot up as well, then it likely isn't drivers. It does sound more like hardware. Perhaps your battery is not putting out enough power at that point and is causing the issue. Depending on how long you have had it, you may want to consider a new battery.

Feb 9, 2019
If it is happening in BIOS and when you boot up as well, then it likely isn't drivers. It does sound more like hardware. Perhaps your battery is not putting out enough power at that point and is causing the issue. Depending on how long you have had it, you may want to consider a new battery.

Hi webworkings. Thank you for you rmessage! I've had it for almost 3 years. Is there a way to check if the battery is the problem for sure?

Not on your own no. You can try taking it to a local tech and see if they can test it for you.

However, if you have had it that long, and on the same battery, it is likely the battery is going bad. When they start to go a laptop battery (and most other rechargeable ones) will give more and more power issues, seem to charge faster (only because of the next one) and hold less and less of a charge.

Feb 9, 2019
Thank you again. I know no local tech; I'll ask a friend who works at a store if he can do something for this.
Yes it's been the only battery this laptop had ever had.
I've seen some subjects where users solved this problem without changing the battery. But their solution didn't work for me