Screen not lighting on boot

chrispinemwandu

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013
I have Toshiba Satelite Pro L300-22M System Unit, it went off while it was connected to a projector in a church service. Now it powers on on the boot but the screen remain black, it does not go beyond that what can i do to resolve the problem.
Thank you for the assistance.

Just to clarify... The laptop shut itself off while you were using it. Sounds very much like overheating, what surface was the laptop on when it shutdown and did the fan get loud just prior to shut down? Has the laptop ever shut itself off before?

chrispinemwandu

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013

chrispinemwandu

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013
It has never shut off before, it was connected to projector and realized that power had not been plugged on to the laptop. So to prevent it from going off because of power, a power adapter was plugged in, then it just went off immediately.

Ah, much better. I'll suggest resetting as a first step. with power adapter disconnected and battery removed, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. If still no picture after boot, press FN+F5 to cycle through display options. If still nothing, try shining a flashlight at the screen, if the inverter is burned out, you'll still see a faint image on the screeen

chrispinemwandu

Honorable
Nov 25, 2013
I have tried the procedure, but still nothing it could not respond yet. I unplugged the power cord, removed the battery, pressed power button for 30 seconds. After reconnecting the screen remained the same on boot even after pressing Fn + F5. Any other suggestion. Otherwise thank you so far.