Question screen protector for 2.5d screen without gorilla glass

pasifil

Honorable
May 18, 2015
Hi, I just bought a new smartphone, meizu 16th which has a 2.5d (slightly curved) screen.

Apparently, the screen hasn't got any kind of protective layer in it like gorilla glass, and since it's not a popular phone, it's impossible to find tempered glass screen protector from a good company with user's opinions online. Cheap screen protector's on aliexpress has mostly bad reviews: bubbles, not sticking, doesn't cover the whole screen.

I feel like my choice is a cheap aliexpress screen protector with an unknown quality that doesn't cover the whole screen + an envelope case, but since the phone has no gorilla glass, I'm afraid it won't be enough to protect the screen from breaking.

is there some other best protective solution?

Screen protectors that just stick are really not any protection from pressure, etc. They are mostly to keep you from scratching it, and to be honest, they can be really annoying if they don't sit correctly or are not allowing for enough sensitivity. Most phones (not referring to that one) don't need the protectors unless you are really hard on the phone.

Since you already bought the phone, short of exchanging it for a different one, I would suggest looking for covers that have more to them then just stick on screen covers. Another site you might try is... https://www.meizuworld.com

pasifil

Honorable
May 18, 2015
Screen protectors that just stick are really not any protection from pressure, etc. They are mostly to keep you from scratching it, and to be honest, they can be really annoying if they don't sit correctly or are not allowing for enough sensitivity. Most phones (not referring to that one) don't need the protectors unless you are really hard on the phone.

Since you already bought the phone, short of exchanging it for a different one, I would suggest looking for covers that have more to them then just stick on screen covers. Another site you might try is... https://www.meizuworld.com
thanks, but what do you mean? what type of covers should i look for?

That I can't answer. Personally I am not a screen protector person. Never needed one.

If the information they give you on that site isn't giving you enough details you can try looking up the same product (the one that the description is for) through google and see if you can gain more details.