Screenshot Shows Feb. Launch for White iPhone 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]ALANMAN[/nom]I wasn't aware that using another color in the painting process required a redesign.[/citation]

Apparently it does. Apple said at the end of July that it would be delaying the white iPhone 4 because the phone "[has] continued to be more challenging to manufacture than we originally expected."

No specific reason was given but there are a bunch of possible reasons doing the rounds. One is that Apple can't get the color of the home button and the color of the casing to match. Another dictates that it's because the white case results in bad or distorted photos. Apparently it leaks light, esp. when the LED flash is used, resulting in crappy images when using both the front and back camera. Again, no one knows exactly why, but we do know that Apple is having problems producing the white version of the iPhone 4.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Apparently it does. Apple said at the end of July that it would be delaying the white iPhone 4 because the phone "[has] continued to be more challenging to manufacture than we originally expected." No specific reason was given but there are a bunch of possible reasons doing the rounds. One is that Apple can't get the color of the home button and the color of the casing to match. Another dictates that it's because the white case results in bad or distorted photos. Apparently it leaks light, esp. when the LED flash is used, resulting in crappy images when using both the front and back camera. Again, no one knows exactly why, but we do know that Apple is having problems producing the white version of the iPhone 4.[/citation]TBH I think its just a bunch of nonsense excuses from apple to delay the white iP4 for as long as possible so they can release it when they need another bump in sales in the time between iP4 Black and iP5... Anyways screw apple and their dirty tricks.... for as far as I'm concerned they can be sued to oblivion and beyond.

G

[citation][nom]alyoshka[/nom]White..............Wasn't that a failure????????? at the assembly level itself?[/citation]
Well, it depends how much of that you really want to believe.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if it does show up, at a premium, premium price. As the article suggests, it could be marketed as rare as albino sharks. Apple are the absolute masters at this kind of publicity nonsense.

Griffolion

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
[citation][nom]ALANMAN[/nom]I wasn't aware that using another color in the painting process required a redesign.[/citation]

There were camera issues with the white glass on the back. The pictures taken were looking way too washed over with gamma.

I genuinely think there was a design fault with this as there would have been massive demand for the iphone 4 in white, apple would have wanted this out before Christmas for that market.

Oh well, it's coming out now, yet more people will buy this thinking they have the best phone ever.

zodiacfml

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
AMEN!

[citation][nom]alexkitch[/nom]Well, it depends how much of that you really want to believe.Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if it does show up, at a premium, premium price. As the article suggests, it could be marketed as rare as albino sharks. Apple are the absolute masters at this kind of publicity nonsense.[/citation]

lamorpa

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
O M G ! Now the only phone that runs apps and takes videos and can play songs is going to be the only phone that you can get in white? What will they think of next? A phone that can surf the world wide webs?

mayankleoboy1

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
[citation][nom]G00fySmiley[/nom]a can of white spray paint costs .88 cents at lowe's ... i can make a white iphone ... or rather and existing iphone white[/citation]

he he. doing it now..

Status
Not open for further replies.