Screenshots: Facebook's New Privacy Controls

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I miss the old facebook days..where everything was simple and the layout was clean... -_-

freename

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2009
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]I wonder how long it will take before users complain about THIS, too.[/citation]

If they didn't keep stuffing it up people would have no reason to complain.

matchboxmatt

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
I like it a whole lot. Seriously, going through 50 different settings clicking "Friends Only" over and over again is a pain, and even then I feel like there's a setting or two missing that I can't hide.

Same with turning off those blasted email notifications.

Kelavarus

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2009
I'm sure I'll get marked down, but honestly, it took me ~4 minutes to configure my privacy settings properly when they were reset. I don't see everyone's big deal with new system. Then again, I'm usually the one fixing other people's computers, so I guess I'm above average.

micky_lund

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Kelavarus[/nom]I'm sure I'll get marked down, but honestly, it took me ~4 minutes to configure my privacy settings properly when they were reset. I don't see everyone's big deal with new system. Then again, I'm usually the one fixing other people's computers, so I guess I'm above average.[/citation]
join the club. everyone has a whinge, but really its not that bad if u dont want randoms reading ur private stuff

joshua4693

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2008
the best privacy setting would be the user themselves not posting anything they dont want people to see online. Then again good to see a simpler setting since most users i know dont even know how the old ones work (they just assume everything is fixed)

Caffeinecarl

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2008
They could make the controls as simple as an on-off switch (share nothing or share everything) and somebody is still going to be posting their new cell phone number--or even crazier--their ADDRESS in a status update and somebody random will pop up calling them.

Status
Not open for further replies.