SD card file issue

Vetchemh3SR

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
Ok so 'im new here and I tried to look through as many threads as i could but i didnt see my issue so i figured i would just ask you guys.

I enjoy downloading videos to my phone so i dont have to use the internet to watch them. Simple enough. I got the idea that i would download the videos to my pc then transfer them to my phones sd card so that i would be able to add more at the same time.

Well when i attempted to paste the video to my SD card it said this disk is write protected. Well instead of doing the sensible thing and not pasting it i just went to skip. Well not only did it not paste the video but even stranger things happened.

When i put my card back in my phone all of my data was gone off of it. pictures, music, emulator saves etc...

So i was naturally freaked out. But when i put it back in my pc all of it was there again. So my question is what is happening? shouldnt my files show up on my phone if they are showing up on the computer?

Unless someone can assist me in figuring this out i figured i would just move all of my data to my computer, format my sd card, then transfer all the files back. But if anyone has an easier solution, please by all means explain it to me lol

Solution

Tried any other SD cards on your phone?
If you got a spare one, try it, and see if you're able to see the files.

Vetchemh3SR

Honorable
Sep 5, 2013
Well randomly i put the sd card back in my phone and all the files showed up. I later tried to put data on it from my computer, put it back in my phone, and the files are gone again. I formatted the card then put all the files back on it but its still not showing up in my phone. But all the files show up and run perfectly on my pc. There has to be a reason for this. Oh and no viruses

baburajiv2007

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2010

Tried any other SD cards on your phone?
If you got a spare one, try it, and see if you're able to see the files.

Solution