sd card issue

Boriecua82

Commendable
Apr 15, 2016
So I have a galaxy s5 and the sd card that is in my phone has been there for several months. I didn't remove the card or make any changes, but yesterday I get a msg that card is blank or unsupported file system. Not sure why I'm getting this msg. I took the card out, made sure the slot and the card were clean. Put it back in and same msg, so I put it in a different phone to see if it would read. I got the same error msg. At this point, I just want to recover the 3000+ pictures and videos I have In There but when I plug the phone into my laptop, it don't see the sd card. Anyone have a suggestion on how to recover the sd card data?

Hmm it sounds like either the card was damaged, physically, was defective, or either you (without realizing it) or an app you installed on the phone may have wiped the card. If this is the case, there is really no way to recover what was on it.

However, that said, it is possible there was another cause. Strange as it may sound, if you phone is stuck trying to send a large photo via text, or other means of sending, and it is stuck in a loop trying to send it, this can cause the card to show this error message. However, if the phone as been restarted, and there are no active texts trying to send, then it would not be that. Check your texts, just to be sure.

Last option...

1. Connect the SD card to your computer.
2. Open up command prompt (cmd) from the start menu (in windows).
3. Type in the following command, including all spaced.

chkdsk /X /F (drive letter):

For example if your SD card is connected as H drive then the command you would type in would be....

chkdsk /X /F H:

This MAY fix the issue.